• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Black Fatalii pod test

Pod review of my hydroponically grown Black Fatalii, that's in an 18 gallon Kratky tote. I really like how the pod looks, and flavor and heat are great. I wish the plant was more productive. I got the seed from coachspencerxnc. I think it's the pepperlover strain, but not sure.

https://youtu.be/IVOURkDlvlE

tctenten said:
Thanks for doing all of these reviews.

Bhuter said:
Nice review, Peter! That's was a beautiful pod. I find Fatalii's to be more painful than hot. I like them, but they're just a little too uncomfortable for me. Lol

moruga welder said:
what can i say !  great review , my friend ! 
Thanks everyone! That was one I recorded a couple weeks ago. Hoping to still get to some others that 96strat sent me, before they go bad. I put them in the fridge in a ziploc with a paper towel. Hopefully that'll help. Want to do the Bleeding Borg 9 next.

Bhuter said:
I find Fatalii's to be more painful than hot.
Got to agree on this, although I haven't had any superhot pods fresh my chocolate fatalii hurt my mouth bad, a totally different burn feeling compared to any other pod I've eaten.

Once again a great review Peter!

I got really into Fataliis just recently, but I tried the yella ones.  This one must've been pretty rough; it had Peter coughing!  And yeah, definitely, thanks so much for doing all these reviews.  I especially like that you get footage of the plant you're pulling the pod from; it's good to know both the flavour profile AND the growing habits of different peppers i wanna try.  Peter's reviews are among the more informative ones out there, plus he always seems to be reviewing the same peppers I'm researching.  Pretty rad....

Bhuter said:
Nice review, Peter! That's was a beautiful pod. I find Fatalii's to be more painful than hot. I like them, but they're just a little too uncomfortable for me. Lol

Yea, I was surprised at how hot yellow fatalii's turned out to be. It was an agressive burn. 

Bicycle808 said:
I got really into Fataliis just recently, but I tried the yella ones.  This one must've been pretty rough; it had Peter coughing!  And yeah, definitely, thanks so much for doing all these reviews.  I especially like that you get footage of the plant you're pulling the pod from; it's good to know both the flavour profile AND the growing habits of different peppers i wanna try.  Peter's reviews are among the more informative ones out there, plus he always seems to be reviewing the same peppers I'm researching.  Pretty rad....
Thanks!

karoo said:
Excellent Peter.
You are the gold standard in pod reviews!
Thanks!

Neel said:
Got to agree on this, although I haven't had any superhot pods fresh my chocolate fatalii hurt my mouth bad, a totally different burn feeling compared to any other pod I've eaten.

Once again a great review Peter!
Thanks!

D3monic said:

Yea, I was surprised at how hot yellow fatalii's turned out to be. It was an agressive burn. 
I'll probably try growing the yellow next year. The only ones I've tried were those a guy from work brought back from St. Lucia, FL. They had a nice flavor.

Back