grills Heston's new grill.

idk... seems like more smarmy "molecular gastronomy" cooking shit... except this does not do anything compelling.

putting a logic controller and leds in somethign so mundane as a charcoal grill... seems profoundly retarded imo.

also this website is made for ipads. i hate it.
the gas grill looks the best imo. simple looking and less  try hardy.

the little castor wheels look terrible though. it would be nice if they offered an upgrade to larger wheels for moving it around on something like a wood deck or gravel.

queequeg152 said:
putting a logic controller and leds in somethign so mundane as a charcoal grill... seems profoundly retarded imo.
don't make fun of oldsalty's traeger, unless you've got serious Q to back it up! lol ...

god forbid anyone bring the classic bbq pit forward - i know, terrible, right? ...

i see something that emphasizes shifting the user's focus towards the fire, and i think that's A Good Thing ...

grantmichaels said:
don't make fun of oldsalty's traeger, unless you've got serious Q to back it up! lol ...

god forbid anyone bring the classic bbq pit forward - i know, terrible, right? ...

i see something that emphasizes shifting the user's focus towards the fire, and i think that's A Good Thing ...

nah pellet grills are intrinsically different, and i think you know that.

far as bringing the charcoal "forward"... forward in what way? stylistically? because thats all this is if we are honest here.

theres been self starting charcoal grills for very very long... how long has webber had that blowtorch started grill on the market? like 10 years?

imo the only thing this thing is bring to the table is a certain sense of style. and like all overly marketed and over stylized products... im guessing it costs like 2 grand.

i think i would have more respect for this thing if it actually was a pellet grill... at least then it could cash the metaphorical check that its unique styling (and probably cost ) is writing.
also i hate this mans glasses... the rim over the lenses is huge and sits far off his face.
it reminds me of geordie laforge.

queequeg152 said:

nah pellet grills are intrinsically different, and i think you know that.

far as bringing the charcoal "forward"... forward in what way?

imo the only thing this thing is bring to the table is a certain sense of style. and like all overly marketed and over stylized products... im guessing it costs like 2 grand.
three position rotisserie borrows from santa maria grills and classic bbq pits with the overhead crane style positioning ...

how common are adjustable height rotisseries? not.

accessible coals that you can access and shuffle ... watch some mallman vidz, for inspiration ...

i agree with one thing - it's Apple-like ...

i love my iMac ... and things that Just Work and get out of my way, or help me get out of my own way ...

it's stylish too, i agree.
Grass Snake said:
This was the deal breaker for me. Seriously lol
i like the grill's aesthetics ... would look right at home against your subway tiled backsplash (which I also like) ...

haha ...

the adjustable rotisseri seems to be fairly common in these sort of open grills, i dont think its as uncommon as you think.

none look anything like this though.

this thing is 1800 bucks in austrailia. what is that in american pesos?

fuck i just  saw a pic of those tiny little red potatoes that you put on the grill.

what are those called? they are so fucking good. i want that now.

Back