Portable, real stone pizza-mod for Weber kettles ...

Yeah, that's a bit pricey, but pretty cool in the sense that it's actual stone, and would retain heat MUCH more effectively (lowering fuel cost) ...

looks super top heavy with that big helmet on top. When the whole thing collapses under the weight it will not be funny. 
GWC-Podcast-340.jpg

Yeah, at first I thought that too ...

Then I thought about how smart it was because the Weber's a tripod, which is innately anti-tip, and also it comes back around to the fact that it breaks down ...

You don't want to roll it around, but you disassemble and reassemble to move it, certainly ...

This would look nice in a wood Weber cabinet. Better than the example they use. I guess for $1K, plus kettle, plus stand, for $1500 you have an aesthetically pleasing pizza oven.

Portable? Take camping? no no no. Don't think so! This looks like a gadget, once disassembled and put in a container, it stays there unless you are having guests. Or this is stationary and a dedicated WFO. It's not as practical as they make it out to be.

They have a ring to DIY mount in wood if you poke around on their site, and more ;)

Hint: The Weber version isn't the flagship version, it's just the Weber-version ...

For instance, you can just buy a pizza stone, too. One that's droppable ;)

Ain't paying that for a weber attachment lol. I've been picking up old clay bricks as I can find them. Hoping to have enough to construct an oven soon. So far I got like 30 bricks or something.

This is a self-functioning piece, the Weber is just a stand, you don't use it for anything else. When by itself you use with a different stone. So, fire in same chamber, in 22" oven? Fail. Where does the pie go? Small fire, one log? Temps? Burnt crusts because too close?

The Kettle Pizza is a MUCH better design. I imagine there's lots of pissed of people after they buy this.

The pic is ridiculous. A bagel pizza would fit.

No worries, a pizza doesn't even fit. WTF? They sell you on the WFO idea, but all you can cook is... wood. :shocked:

Next.

Back