• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Scuze Me While I Kiss This Guy

Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix. What a great song! Also one of the most misunderstood. 

Do you have a song that you mistook what the lyrics said? Perhaps you were like me and sung the wrongs lyrics for years before you found out the truth. And man, when you do figure it out it is mind blowing. I'm all like, "Wow! That's cool. I can't believe that I had it wrong all these years." 

One of my favorite misunderstood songs of all time is "Louie Louie".
What is yours?

To change it to the Best songs-

Janis Joplin and Big Brother - Summertime - never hit the radio as far as I know...
Black Oak Arkansas - Quicksand - High on th Hog.
A lot of Captian Beefheart stuff.
Blue Million miles and anything on clear spot works.
I like Spotlight Kid,Aint no Santa Claus on the evening stage...
Ricky Lee Jones.
Credence Clearwater, The cream , The Doors , The Rolling Stones,Bowie and several others I listen to on my Computer that my Turntable that plugs into my puter does.
Vynal (sp) is best! on a quality turntable.

Crap,Now I'm thinking about other stuff - Gracey Slick....Airplane etc.

I guess it depends how old you are and The Good old Days.
Yup I saw Hendrix a short walk from where I grew up - Devonshire Downs.
Stepenwolf too,among others.

The Trubador and others were places on the strip we went to.
Gazaries etc,

Smoke

Edit-
Crosby Stills Nash etc.,BB King,Judy Colins,Jonie Mitchele,The Dead,Cylan,Neil Young,Boston,Lenard Cohen,Seals and Croft (SP?),Temptaions,Supremes,The Band,The Beatles,Rod Stewart,John Mayall ,Beach Boys,Pink Floyd,.

Prince, When Doves Cry

"Add the most tri-curious posies" was what I heard for years.  Never understood it, but figured 'hey it's Prince man, he's a musical genius!" right?

"Animals strike curious poses" was the line.  Found out many years later.  

Prince is still a musical genius man.

What I always thought was "Supper, then you die" is actually "Suffer, then you die ".
It's at the 3:00 mark just after the breakdown .
Hard to believe I've had it wrong all this time as the rest of the lyrics are so clear.

http://youtu.be/_36_5AqISo8

HopsNBarley said:
What I always thought was "Supper, then you die" is actually "Suffer, then you die ".
It's at the 3:00 mark just after the breakdown .
Hard to believe I've had it wrong all this time as the rest of the lyrics are so clear.

Right. because there is no way possible to mistake CC lyrics. Crystal clear. :rolleyes:

Scoville DeVille said:
'Blinded by the Light' Manfred Mann's Earth Band

"Wrapped up like a deuce another runner in the night"

NOT:

"Wrapped up like a douche another rumor in the night".

:rofl:

It's actually "revved up like a deuce..."

I'm not sure why I know that, because I f#&king hate that song. :lol:

Funny bit of "did you know or do you care?" trivia.

Amazon Prime music puts up lyrics to songs as they play. Wifey was jammin some classic rock and the Beatles song Come Together came on.
Right at the very beginning when the bass riff is going, AP lyrics posted up the words "shoot me".
I swear as soon as she said it I could hear the words.
Go figure..... :rolleyes:

Well I still think David Lee Roth says "Etch-a-Sketch"?!? can anybody correct that for me?

https://youtu.be/ZtBOtBrfJM4

Back