smokers MASTERBUILT VERTICAL CHARCOAL SMOKER 40 bucks!

Masterbuilt 20060112 Vertical Charcoal Smoker

• Two chrome-coated cooking grates - smoke50 lbs. of food!
  • Porcelain-coated charcoal pan and water bowl
  • Dual-door design
  • Built-in-door gauge provides an accurate temperature reading
  • Side air dampers

I was at Walmart yesterday & they were marking down all of the remaining Smokers..so this one caught my eye..It was originally 78$ ,with the mark down to 58$..so I asked the guy who was marking down items,if that is the final price,& he said I can have it for 40 bucks,while its not fancy like those some have,its seems doable,since I only would  be using  it now & then.
I do  have a grill,which at times gets crowded...Any thoughts appreciated..Thanks!

41rDXDcmtNL._SX425_.jpg

Great deal mang!

Get a smoker for the price of a brisket. Score.

PS. My smoker is an off-brand smoker (BBQ PRO), the manual said made by Masterbuilt, shit, it has lasted forever! They even sent me replacement parts free but that was shipping damage and not their fault. Good co.

Thats a steal at that price. Good for you. Nice little smoker with a couple mods. Seal chamber and firebox doors with lavalock self stick nomex tape, ($10-$12 on amazon). Upgrade your therm with a tel-tru or big country. A 12" square grill vegetable wok would allow proper air flow to coals better than your exsisting charcoal bowl. If your coal bowl is not completely perforated it tends to snuff itself out. Alot of little things you can do to make it run more efficiently. Have fun with it, good score.

Thanks for the feedback...I was looking at some videos on Utube  also..will definitely  do as you suggested..great tips..

Now I have my  sites set on this Deal at Best Buy!   Then I'm done :shocked: .......................................................for now  :)
Have the 19inch model & it's a great TV with excellent receiver.If you are in the market for a TV,you can't do much better at this price,"BELIEVE ME" :lol:  :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

Hisense - 40" Class (39.5" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - HDTV - Black

Enjoy all your favorite shows, movies and music on this Hisense 40-inch HDTV. HDMI, VGA and composite video inputs let you connect all your devices, and Hisense's AirBridge and HiMedia technologies let you broadcast your favorite streaming and USB media to the screen. This Hisense 40-inch TV has a 1080p screen for high clarity and detail.

Check Stores

$149.99  for the w/e                                                      10/3/16  price went up to 170..still on sale but 20 bucks more..,if you need a TV for
On Sale                                                                         the Family Rm..or wherever.
Save $80 (Reg. $229.99)

Grass Snake said:
Don't know if it applys to this one ,but I often see people use High temp rtv to seal gaps on these lower priced units.
Lava Gaskets awesome Mod
wiriwiri said:

Masterbuilt 20060112 Vertical Charcoal Smoker

• Two chrome-coated cooking grates - smoke50 lbs. of food!
  • Porcelain-coated charcoal pan and water bowl
  • Dual-door design
  • Built-in-door gauge provides an accurate temperature reading
  • Side air dampers

I was at Walmart yesterday & they were marking down all of the remaining Smokers..so this one caught my eye..It was originally 78$ ,with the mark down to 58$..so I asked the guy who was marking down items,if that is the final price,& he said I can have it for 40 bucks,while its not fancy like those some have,its seems doable,since I only would  be using  it now & then.
I do  have a grill,which at times gets crowded...Any thoughts appreciated..Thanks!

41rDXDcmtNL._SX425_.jpg

Nice Fancy doesn't make great BBQ. Practice, patience and a good temp probe like the Maverick and your on your way to smoked bliss  :)

Second on that maverick. One big thing with these smaller verticals is your choice of briquets. Try to use a low ash briquet like a Stubbs or Royal oak. These have a long burn time with minimal ash due to only starch binders. Less firebox matienence and more airflow due to lower ash buildup will give you longer constant temps. Makes it alot easier to nail down how your smoker runs to get the same result every cook. Let us know how you make out. Enjoy.

Back