• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Best tasting superhot?

Hard to put just one pepper in that position. BOC has been really good year in and year out. New this year, Bhuter's Mustard Bhutlah was really good. 7 pot Burgundy is excellent though, maybe not quite a super but definitely hotter than any hab. Also I believe soil and growing conditions can effect flavor, quality of flavor can depend on the grower too IMO.

elchris76 said:
In your experience what is the best tasting superhot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raw or powdered ?  powdered would be Jays peach g / s ,  &   Primo ,  sry i got 2 favorites in that category .
Raw , i've taken to the Ghengis Kahn Brain this year .      :onfire:

I dont think there is ONE. They are all the best in their own rite. I thought the brown moruga was/is the best. But I am finding others that I like very much as well. As of late, I have become quite fond of many of the chocolate offerings out there. Each different in their own way but all of them having a similar likeness that appeals to me. I find what I just stated to be more true as time goes by and I have the opportunity to experiment with more and more pods.

opportunity and time changes everything.

While I agree with the previous mentions of the BOC's (one of my fav's for sure), I don't really classify them as a 'superhot' (I perhaps am wrong, but compared to others, they are nowhere near as hot. Some even classify varieties as 'ultrahots'... so classifications vary) With that said:

I'd say, hands down without question, the best tasting superhot I've had in a long time (if not simply ever) was a Genghis Khan Brain! I agree with moruga welder!  ;) It had none of that 'floral' flavor, but didn't have an overly fruity flavor either - it was just simply very unique and exotic. I knew the moment I cut and smelled one that it was unlike all the others. I also really enjoyed the Big Red Mama's this year. 

Before that, my favorite was a Black Naga. Interestingly, it had the most wretched diesel/plastic/nasty smell I'd ever smelled for a black/chocolate pod, but upon eating it, it was transformed into the most delicious. I can only liken it to a 'stinky' washed rind cheese (the ones that smell like 1,000 dirty feet). Don't smell them! (because they are disgusting)... but if you just eat them... they transform into the most enjoyable flavors and experience.

moruga welder said:

raw or powdered ?  powdered would be Jays peach g / s ,  &   Primo ,  sry i got 2 favorites in that category .
Raw , i've taken to the Ghengis Kahn Brain this year .      :onfire:
Was thinking about raw when I first wrote the post, but any reviews are welcome! Thanks!

CAPCOM said:
I dont think there is ONE. They are all the best in their own rite. I thought the brown moruga was/is the best. But I am finding others that I like very much as well. As of late, I have become quite fond of many of the chocolate offerings out there. Each different in their own way but all of them having a similar likeness that appeals to me. I find what I just stated to be more true as time goes by and I have the opportunity to experiment with more and more pods.

opportunity and time changes everything.
What flavors in the brown moruga do you like?

hogleg said:
Hard to put just one pepper in that position. BOC has been really good year in and year out. New this year, Bhuter's Mustard Bhutlah was really good. 7 pot Burgundy is excellent though, maybe not quite a super but definitely hotter than any hab. Also I believe soil and growing conditions can effect flavor, quality of flavor can depend on the grower too IMO.
Ok so I'm new... What does BOC stand for?

Alchymystic said:
While I agree with the previous mentions of the BOC's (one of my fav's for sure), I don't really classify them as a 'superhot' (I perhaps am wrong, but compared to others, they are nowhere near as hot. Some even classify varieties as 'ultrahots'... so classifications vary) With that said:

I'd say, hands down without question, the best tasting superhot I've had in a long time (if not simply ever) was a Genghis Khan Brain! I agree with moruga welder!  ;) It had none of that 'floral' flavor, but didn't have an overly fruity flavor either - it was just simply very unique and exotic. I knew the moment I cut and smelled one that it was unlike all the others. I also really enjoyed the Big Red Mama's this year. 

Before that, my favorite was a Black Naga. Interestingly, it had the most wretched diesel/plastic/nasty smell I'd ever smelled for a black/chocolate pod, but upon eating it, it was transformed into the most delicious. I can only liken it to a 'stinky' washed rind cheese (the ones that smell like 1,000 dirty feet). Don't smell them! (because they are disgusting)... but if you just eat them... they transform into the most enjoyable flavors and experience.

yes , will definitely grow more Ghengis Khan Brain next season      :party:

elchris76 said:

Bhut Orange Copenhagen 

::EDIT  :doh:

Here is Peters Review from a couple weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/dOQ6qmwMgYA

elchris76 said:

These guys ,
HPIM2653.JPG

elchris76 said:

I like the earthy, tobaccoish flavors that are sometimes accompanied by a ripe semisweet prune like flavor and a flavor that I can only describe as a musky mushroom. I know some of those have never been used in reviews but that's what I taste.

Anyone have any Bhut Orange Copenhagen pods (fresh or dried) that they'd be willing to sell me?

Brown Moruga for hearty robust "brown" flavors.  Very rich and hearty...totally it's own flavor.  Not really comparable to other flavors I've found besides other brown pods of similar shape (not much tail--my favorite has an innie and is wider than it is long).  Best burn too...goes right to the body and you even get tingles.  Back of the mouth and back of the head.  Makes a meal unreal and memorable.  Get ready for a nap afterwards.  

Had a Bubblegum Chocolate 7-pot this year that had a crazy range of flavor and a brown-like burn (back of the tounge/throat and body glow--for me it's hard to get a good mouth burn anymore).  The pepper I grew came out red but kept a brown style burn...kinda unreal.  To date the only pepper that gave my snot a flavor--which I can say is close to bubblegum in a way..unreal taste that's hard to nail down besides a typical red taste (trinidad red) but with way more range of taste that is hard to describe but very colorful.  First time I grew these because I got them as a free seed pack from a local vendor.  Always thought the Bubblegum would be weak sauce til I tried this one.  Had me going bigtime. 

Both finished extremely late in the season.  Early samples of the Brown Moruga seemed to be a bit of a disapointment.  Late season was unreal.  This bubblegum had a long season like a brown as well. Longer the season the better on the superhots.  Totally stomped my crinkly red trinidad types as far as burn quality goes. 

Kept clones of each.  My two keepers for the year.  PM me if interested in a trade

elchris76 said:
In your experience what is the best tasting superhot?
I'm a huge fan of the yellow 7 pod. They taste just like a typical superhot only they have a pineapple type citrus flavor that is dynamite.

Back