• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat Hottest peppers by color

Hi. Could tell me what are the hottest peppers in a given color?
Hottest red pepper is Carolina Reaper and hottest Brown variety is supposedly Chocolate Bhutlah SM but what about other colors like yellow, orange, peach, white, black, purple, green and others?

Most varieties are only green when unripe, I can't think of any that are green when ripe, could be wrong though.  I think the 7 pot primo is the hottest yellow, haven't tried it though.

charlie5heen said:
Most varieties are only green when unripe, I can't think of any that are green when ripe, could be wrong though.  I think the 7 pot primo is the hottest yellow, haven't tried it though.
Mustard peppers can be green when ripe.

charlie5heen said:
At semillas.de I found these: Evergreen, Green Habanero, Trinidad Scorpion Green
All of them Capsicium Chinese

I don't think there are really any absolute laws.

Brown or chocolate pods are sometimes cited as hotter than their other-coloured siblings of the same variety.

I find yellow varieties generally milder (and often tastier, to me) than their red brothers and sisters.

I've not grown any mustards or greens.

Back