• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Mouth burn

Which superhots give the strongest mouth burn? I'm not as big of a fan of the back of the throat burn. Is there a superhot that burns the mouth but less so the throat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I'm kind of the opposite...I love it when the heat spreads out all over from my mouth to my throat, and not just where it touched my tongue and lips. The first time I had a few good slices of a Butch T, I thought, this really isn't that hot, until about a minute later, it came in a wave from the back of my neck to my throat, mouth, and face...really fun stuff.

Sorry, I guess I can't really answer your question, but I've heard fataliis are usually pretty quick and intense heat compared to most. I've only had the white fatalii, and it wasn't really like that, but I'm interested in trying the yellow and red.

Jubnat said:
Man, I'm kind of the opposite...I love it when the heat spreads out all over from my mouth to my throat, and not just where it touched my tongue and lips. The first time I had a few good slices of a Butch T, I thought, this really isn't that hot, until about a minute later, it came in a wave from the back of my neck to my throat, mouth, and face...really fun stuff.

Sorry, I guess I can't really answer your question, but I've heard fataliis are usually pretty quick and intense heat compared to most. I've only had the white fatalii, and it wasn't really like that, but I'm interested in trying the yellow and red.
My main issue is that I really can't swallow a superhot. Well maybe with some special preparation but I have my doubts. I get these crippling capsaicin cramps. So I chew one up for a long long long time than I spit it out. So I want it to be strongest where I can feel it.

Jubnat said:

I've been wanting to try a fatalii for a long time. I'm a new chilehead and it's a big world of hot and superhot peppers to explore :)

Theres actually not very many that have given me a throat burn. As far as mouth burn Id probably say a 7 pot Primo or Butch T

I like the whole mouth burn myself, but I like the hot burn( brown moruga, madd balls and chocolate lava) and not the stingy type you get with (red and peach scorpions and many of the bacatuums.

Rymerpt said:
Go to youtube and look up Nigel Carter. His reviews of peppers will help TONS. He is a THP member.
While I thoroughly enjoy his reviews, I urge caution before attempting to copy him or assume that because he doesn't run around the room looking for milk or ice cream that what he just ate is mediocre in heat.

CAPCOM said:
While I thoroughly enjoy his reviews, I urge caution before attempting to copy him or assume that because he doesn't run around the room looking for milk or ice cream that what he just ate is mediocre in heat.
Today I got some dried Carolina Reapers in the mail. They are not as hot as I had feared them to be. I've now had dried ghost peppers, dried Trinidad moruga scorpions, dried Carolina reapers. The strongest I've gone with fresh pods is a red habaƱero. If I want to step up the heat what would you suggest for my next fresh pod?

elchris76 said:
Today I got some dried Carolina Reapers in the mail. They are not as hot as I had feared them to be. I've now had dried ghost peppers, dried Trinidad moruga scorpions, dried Carolina reapers. The strongest I've gone with fresh pods is a red habaƱero. If I want to step up the heat what would you suggest for my next fresh pod?

Well all those you have tried are pretty hot as a standard, subject to pod quality of course. If you can find them I would try for Chocolate lava, Chocolate douglahs or chocolate borg 9 and / or dive into the vast choices of 7 pots that are out there. Keep in mind that some of these will burn the throat. If you are looking for a good mouth burn then chocolate madd balls is pretty good

I am fortunate to have grown a nice specimen of Kracken scorpion this year. A very nice flavor and a good hot tongue/lip burn, and not of the stingy type either. The duration of the burn is not typically long and subsides before you know it. Highly recommended.

CAPCOM said:
I am fortunate to have grown a nice specimen of Kracken scorpion this year. A very nice flavor and a good hot tongue/lip burn, and not of the stingy type either. The duration of the burn is not typically long and subsides before you know it. Highly recommended.
Sounds fun. Any idea how I get me some? I live in the US

Back