#101 stettoman

stettoman

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • aka:stett, stetto, ernestetto, Eric

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

AHHHH, You got the O.C.D. THING !   Love it ,  Good the with your grow my friend !      :party:

Dude, it's got to where the Darlin' Bride suspects something when I go to the grow room.....every 45 minutes or so.....for a half hour at a time....

WhooWhooWhooWhooWhooWhooWhooWhooWhooWhoo :fireball: 

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#102 moruga welder

moruga welder

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,984 posts
  • aka:moruga welder

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

:rofl: my ol' lady loves the fact i'm in there half the night , she's got the living room t.v. and her shows to herself . thats cool with me tho 

Dude, it's got to where the Darlin' Bride suspects something when I go to the grow room.....every 45 minutes or so.....for a half hour at a time....

#103 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,178 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted Yesterday, 07:15 PM

How do you know? (I got curious)

Because I grow stuff she likes ;)  Peppers she can eat, and use to cook in everyday meals. LB (the wife) cooks from scratch, and that's everything. Just call me spoiled, but I spoil right back ;)

I'm ready to see cowpies float. Bring it on!

#104 stettoman

stettoman

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:34 PM

Because I grow stuff she likes ;)  Peppers she can eat, and use to cook in everyday meals. LB (the wife) cooks from scratch, and that's everything. Just call me spoiled, but I spoil right back ;)

Yep.

#105 Masher

Masher

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:02 PM

When I first assembled the room I spent several hrs every day the first yr....lol

6 yrs later...meh.  5 mins, look around, check hygrometer...check bulbs, check power, check out. 

#106 stettoman

stettoman

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted Today, 11:51 AM

Well, it was inevitable, just wasn't sure how far into the grow it would occur: I got the ol' yella leaf goin' on...Kind of hard to see in this light, but it's there. I've got to get on board with a better watering program. The soil is bagged seedling mixes from Schultz and Burpee, the usual "3-month" dose of standard nutes, I doubt it's a fert issue. I had some discoloration issues, purple/reddish mottling on a moruga scorpion (which continues) and some light burn on the aji's from over-misting, but I'm not paying attention to irrigation, so I'm going with BOTH too much and not enough water.

16251999_240195276429765_881722172352706

#107 Masher

Masher

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted Today, 12:04 PM

I see everything double cupped....remove bottom cup...let soil drain into those trays when watering.

Idealy no water should be venting after applying water.

Pic up each plant before watering....it should be light and near dry...those big girls dont need constant moist soil now.

A little cal/mag may help.....but i would address watering first.

On aanother note....i dont like foil as a reflector...it acts more like a mirror and can burn the plants.....if you want a mild reflector use that mylar coated bubble wrap insulation or some cardboard and paint it with two/coat of FLAT white paint.

My preference is flat white.

One more note.....i think its time to up pot into 1 gal pots....you should gently look at those root systems. Could be getting tight in those cups by now.

Looking great though :cheers:

Edited by Masher, Today, 12:14 PM.

#108 stettoman

stettoman

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted Today, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the input! I happen to have a couple 16 inch x 25 foot rolls of that mylar bubble wrap, got it two days ago to line the grow room under construction...

The gallon pots are ready to go, available space is in question. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do, yeah?

#109 Masher

Masher

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted Today, 12:37 PM

Check roots first...another week or two wont be a big deal.

But the watering needs attention asap....you got this bud.

I like your progress so far...we all just need the weather to cooperate now.

:cheers:

#110 stettoman

stettoman

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted Today, 02:39 PM

One more note.....i think its time to up pot into 1 gal pots....you should gently look at those root systems. Could be getting tight in those cups by now.

Looking great though :cheers:

Oh man, I really wasn't thinking of repotting yet, but yeah, you're right, time to get off my ass and git 'er done...

I read your post and decided to give one of the aji amarillos a peek--

16143227_240270989755527_803859952593815

OK, not as rootbound as I've seen with potted trees, but YIKES!! So I decided to repot this one, anyway. The rest will have to wait a little while, anyhow...

16142785_240271059755520_422652626229096

The rootball being so tight, I thought it would help more than hurt to give it a gentle rake with a plastic fork.

16174550_240271076422185_701085477596209

It never ceases to amaze me how a plant can generate so much root system in an enclosed space without displacing a molecule of grow medium.

But it looks happy, I'm sure shock will set in for a bit, but it didn't go limp like the two I separated shortly after birth. I believe, in fact, that this was one of those two...

16195826_240271149755511_378227701011542

Thanks for the nudge, Masher. You get a cookie! :thumbsup:

#111 stettoman

stettoman

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted Today, 02:51 PM

Our water is brought to us via a Culligan system without a bypass, and I'm a fervent believer in rain water being a superior hydrator for flora, so I go the extra step...Only takes a few hours to melt...

16114606_240271116422181_336732419501063

#112 Masher

Masher

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted Today, 03:20 PM

Oh ya!!!! Up up and away. Root system looked perfect and all lovely white as well.

:cheers:

#113 Geonerd

Geonerd

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted Today, 08:37 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how a plant can generate so much root system in an enclosed space without displacing a molecule of grow medium.

16195826_240271149755511_378227701011542

The crazy things often do that - develop a Godzilla root system before entering a period of explosive foliage growth.

Bottom picture - "MUCH better, thank you!"

IMO, you did the right thing in gently uncurling as much of the root ball as possible.  Even a bit of root damage is better than leaving the poor things "Circling the Drain" in a futile search for space.

:fireball:

#114 stettoman

stettoman

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted Today, 09:38 PM

Geo, you and me will one day marry off offspring....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users