• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first Glog and my second year growing peppers 2016 (From Oz)

Hi all my name is Chad and I'm from Aust. This is my first Glog & my second year growing peppers. I think I have gone a little over the top this year. :D
But hey you can never have enough peppers right? 

I started all from seeds except for two that I bought today.

cGbLtVN.jpg

These are the two I bought today, I had never heard of these peppers before today.

PWi33Au.jpg

Here are some of my over wintered peppers

NypOAjo.jpg

:welcome: Chad!

I love to see our friends from the Southern Hemisphere
get cranked up for the new season during our Fall!

Good luck this season - the OW's look great...

Awesome pods from last year - you're going to kill it this year. Your overwintered plant looks great.

On a side note, I popped into Bunnings today to grab some Eco-Oil to get rid of some leafhoppers I've had and they have a six pack of super hots. 2 x Carolina Reapers, 2 x Butch T and 2 x Trinidad Scorpions. Should try and grab some - $25.00 for the lot - I'll add some photos on the weekend to my grow log as well.

Can't wait to see you're progress.

Cheers,

Sev

Sev said:
On a side note, I popped into Bunnings today to grab some Eco-Oil to get rid of some leafhoppers I've had and they have a six pack of super hots. 2 x Carolina Reapers, 2 x Butch T and 2 x Trinidad Scorpions. Should try and grab some - $25.00 for the lot - I'll add some photos on the weekend to my grow log as well.

Can't wait to see you're progress.

Cheers,

Sev

When I was at the Seven Hills store I came across that 6 pack seedlings they wanted $12 for them. I didn't buy them because I already have those 3 types already. I was looking for something different to what I already have growing.

Awesome great to see more Aussies around. Plants look great will be watching your progress, getting pods already is awesome this time of the year. I'm just getting buds so fingers crossed I get fruit soon too.

Mind telling me what potting mix your using?

Jase4224 said:
Awesome great to see more Aussies around. Plants look great will be watching your progress, getting pods already is awesome this time of the year. I'm just getting buds so fingers crossed I get fruit soon too.

Mind telling me what potting mix your using?

I don't have a preference, whatever I can afford and get my hands on at the time.

Here are some of the ones I've used.

01eEHJY.jpg

SILSU05.jpg

4M3HXaV.jpg

OWs really bulking up - looks great!

Awesome progress mate - loving your OW's!

Question - did you repot them or just prune them back and leave them in the same pots? Just some advance research for 2017 for myself.

Sev

Sev said:
Awesome progress mate - loving your OW's!

Question - did you repot them or just prune them back and leave them in the same pots? Just some advance research for 2017 for myself.

Sev

I left them in the same pot throughout winter. At the end of August I pruned them back, I then removed them from the pot, I shook off all the old potting mix, Then with the old potting mix, I mixed in some compost & Yates dynamic lifter to freshen it up. I then pruned some of the root ball & just re-potted them.

Here is a link to the compost that I used

https://www.bunnings.com.au/richgro-25l-all-purpose-organic-compost_p2961502

And a link to the Yates dynamic lifter.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/yates-17-5kg-dynamic-lifter-organic-plant-food_p2960278

Debco is meant to be top stuff. I can tell you from experience that dynamic lifter is great too, that's what I'll be using this year for fertilizer.

Debco make great products. I use their seed raising mix, and potting mix. I also use the same Richgrow compost in my raised beds along with some Dynamic Lifter.  :P

All are great products that produce great results , you won't be disappointed.

Back