• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting LED Grow Lights?

I'm planning on putting in a 10ft x 3ft grow table in this winter for seedlings. I want to hang 3-4 of these lights over the bench - they are 8ft long LEDs 6000K 3800 lumins -
I can get four 8' blubs for $115 delivered.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IIWJP4I?th=1
Is this a good setup to go from seeds to about 1' plants?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure those are just the tubes. I don't think includes the fixture for them so if that's the case you'll need to factor that into the cost. I think you would be better off with 2 of these: https://www.amazon.com/Galaxyhydro-Spectrum-Greenhouse-Flowering-Growing/dp/B00INM0750/ref=pd_sbs_86_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41rJgllJNdL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1YG2XCARXV2412JD85R8

But back to the original question yes I think you're setup would be fine for seedlings to 1' plants. Not sure I would count on much beyond that.

Yeah, looks like just the bulbs, they may not require a ballast. You will still need the fixture. You could go with something like I have which is a 4ft 8 bulb T5, unless you prefer to start the seedlings in long rows? Which is your 8'

Yes, those are just the bulbs. I will get a fixture, but am wondering if the lights are good for seedlings/non-fruiting plants.

just about anything should work for seedlings. my first grow last spring used 6 T12 bulbs. i just kept the bulbs almost touching the leaf tips and they grew into nice tight plants. not leggy at all.

I've read that it depends on the covering over the LEDS that make them look like Fluorescent tubes.
I've read that they advertise  X K,where that is the LEDs rating before it's light goes through the plastic (usually) outer tube.

Also a lot of LED replacement tubes are designed to run on existing Fluorescent fixtures.
Easier for a Biz to afford the LED change...

Some you can just solder a power supply -DC,to the bulbs.

I'd check it out first ...
What king of horse you are buying specifically.

I used 5000-6500 K with no problems with Fluoro's.

T5's use about the same watts per Lumen as a lot of LEDS.But LEDS last a lot longer.

LED's are way cheaper than when I first started building my own pannels.

I grow a lot of plants in 4 1/2 in. pots for a pod or 2(seeds),then they go outside.

Back