Newbie on the forum

Hey everyone,

My name is Stefan and I live in Montreal. Currently waiting impatiently for the dangers of the last frost to dissapear so the growing season can commence. My love of food, in particular spicy food, combined with my love of horticulture, has led me to experiment with the growing of Habanero and hopefully this Summer, Scotch Bonnet peppers.
I'm a barbecue fan, and love making sauces and marinades, I'm an avid lover of Jerk and Carribean cooking. I bought a rather large gas grill and modified it to hold briquets above the burners, it's a real mess cleaning it all up but boy does it ever cook well.

I signed up on the forum to get info on Jerking, carribean recipes and sources for great seeds and plants to order.

-Stef

Oh, and these were my babies from last Summer. They turned orange and then banana yellow, but at this point in their growth they still had enough heat to properly set a tongue on flame!
Habanero.jpg

Tina Brooks said:
Salut Stephan!

Bienvenue. Welcome to the forum.

Are you a member of the Spice Boys???

T

Sorry I didn't respond so quickly, life's been hectic this past week.

I know not of these Spice Boys, but it sure does sound interesting.

I saw the Peppermaster stand at Place Bonavenutre this Winter and bought several of their products, wonderful stuff :)

-Stephan.

Tuesday evenings the Spice Boys meet at Clint's in the Pointe Claire Plaza on Donegani in Pointe Claire.

Bring your most obscure sauces, and a healthy appetite for tasting some of the wildest hot sauces known to man.

We're planning a Peppermaster outing with them shortly, along with our kiosk at Finnegan's (in Hudson), we will bring new concoctions to the Spice Boys for testing before marketing. They were the first to taste our Raspberries in Heat. We've got some new goodies coming through the pipeline and they'll be the first to taste of them as well. In addition to being the first to taste new products of ours, being a member of the Spice Boys brings the added benefit of price discounts on purchases of our products.

T

This sounds interesting indeed, how does one join the Spice Boys? My girlfriend would enjoy the raspberries in heat, even though she's not too keen in anything higher than 500 on the scoville scale (I have to behave myself in the kitchen or else she won't eat anything I cook!)

-Stephan

BringOnThePain said:
This sounds interesting indeed, how does one join the Spice Boys? My girlfriend would enjoy the raspberries in heat, even though she's not too keen in anything higher than 500 on the scoville scale (I have to behave myself in the kitchen or else she won't eat anything I cook!)

-Stephan

It all depends on where you are. If you are in Pointe Claire or Montreal, West Island, then you simply go to Clint's. If you want to start a Spice Boys club of your own, say you were on the South Shore or in Chicago or Vancouver... simply contact me and I'll help you set up your own club.

T

Back