seed-train Signup for 2016 United States seed train start date of Tuesday November 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the title says! Anyone interested in starting this up just reply here and we can have a going list with people also on a standby list.

To be on this list you must have been on the hot pepper for at least 4 months and have at least 45 posts to the forums (if you have not been on the forums for 4 months or more and with at least 45 posts then have a member with 6 months or more experience vouch for you)

So here is how the train will work. The main number of first round recipients will be at 10 with a waitlist of 5 and a stand by list of 2. If one of the 10 that jumps on first does not make it to the station on time then the first on the list of 5 gets added to the end of the train. Once a person comes off of the waitlist to the train the first on the standby list goes to the end of the wait list.

Shipping will be done via USPS in a flat rate box with tracking of course. Once you receive the package you will have 3 days to decide what you want as well as what you have claimed and what you have added to this good little box of goodness.

To keep this simple a piece of paper will be included inside with our hotpepper forum names and what was taken from the box and what you have added. Each time something is taken from the box and added you will notify me via pm on here as well as notifying myself and the next recipient on the list of the updated tracking number. If the next on the list does not respond to you within 3 days of contact then you will pm the next on the list as well as myself so we can update the list.

To be fair do not take 5 packs of seeds and replace it with 1 pack of bell pepper seeds. Doing so will result in the fun being taken out of the train and banishment. There are plenty of nice people here that are more than happy to help you get started on your pepper variety. Once you take seeds, dried pepper pods, or powders please be sure to replace with an equal amount and something comparable to what was taken so we can keep the fun on the tracks.

To ship to the next on the train please be sure to pm them to get their name and proper address when you first receive your precious package of pepper goodness as to keep the train from spinning its wheels at the station.

Once the package has been received by the tenth person on the list the package will be sent back to me so we can start this awesome process all over again! Also to be fair we will make sure to jumble this list up when we start over to have a fair share for all.

Also as a side note I will allow tomato, leafy greens i.e. Arugula/lettuces, egg plant, corn, carrots, and zucchini seeds to be introduced into the seed train as long as your being fair with what is given and taken. Please pm me before adding any of these.

Any other comments, idea, constructive criticisms are welcomed!

Here is the main list
1. (Myself) pepperhead1989
2. Immolated
3. tctenten
7. PaulG ?
8. austin87 ?
9. jcw10tc
10.mpicante

Wait list

Standby list

Contributors not on train that deserve thanks
1.TexasHotPeppers
2. Hybrid Mode 01
3. windchicken

Just watching the train go by lol
1.Masher

Masher said:
Great idea...participants post pics for those of us watching the train go by ;)
I'll take it that your not interested haha. I'll create a new part with your first on the list labels just watching the train go by lol pm me if you want in by the way

I am interested....but i joined a few days ago haha....and this being my first year of pepper growing I dont have the goods to partcipate this round.

I will get a ticket in the next season ;)

Masher said:
I am interested....but i joined a few days ago haha....and this being my first year of pepper growing I dont have the goods to partcipate this round.
I will get a ticket in the next season ;)
Noted, by the way I see you have sauce. I might let you put small sizes in there if you want so you can build your seed stock up.

TexasHotPeppers said:
I would like to contribute some seeds to the train.  Pepperhead1989 - PM me your address and I'll send them off to you for the start of the train. I don't need to be on the train :) 
Consider it done!

I just found out about this train and will do what I can to get it off on the right track. I have lots of rare(ish) seeds to contribute like: P. Dreadie standard, Elysium oxide SB, TFM SB, Foodarama SB, Peru Bitdumi, Malih-Helow, Maras Biber, Chimayo... If these sound like something any of you want to try, this is your chance to score lots of seeds cheap! 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     I just found out about this train and will do what I can to get it off on the right track. I have lots of rare(ish) seeds to contribute like: P. Dreadie standard, Elysium oxide SB, TFM SB, Foodarama SB, Peru Bitdumi, Malih-Helow, Maras Biber, Chimayo... If these sound like something any of you want to try, this is your chance to score lots of seeds cheap! 
Awesome of you to contribute!!!

I will take the spot after immolated if it is ok with you.  Since we are both in NJ it should be quick turnarounds.  

I guess I will have to keep updating as I can't update the original post anymore

Here is the main list
2. tctenten
5. jubnat
6. moruga welder
8. hardcore
9. jcw10tc
10.mpicante

Wait list

Standby list

Contributors not on train that deserve thanks
1.TexasHotPeppers
2. Hybrid Mode 01
3. windchicken
4. immolated

Just watching the train go by lol
1.Masher

midwestchilehead said:
I'll ride.
Sure thing. Added!
I guess I will have to keep updating as I can't update the original post anymore

Here is the main list
2. tctenten
3. Midwestchilehead
5. jubnat
6. moruga welder
7. Magged Out
8. hardcore
9. jcw10tc
10.mpicante

Wait list

Standby list