• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Another batch of Tropical Jalapeno

Sizzle Lips

Extreme Member
I cant make this stuff fast enough so I went to bigger jars for bigger batch's....doing 5 lbs of jalapeno's.also in the mix is......
Carrot
Onion
Garlic
Ginger
Kiwi
Pineapple
Mango
When it comes time to process.....any time AFTER 100 Days  I will add my remaining ingredients.
I use Cutting Edge Cultures for a starter....http://www.culturesforhealth.com/cutting-edge-starter-culture-for-fresh-vegetables.html?gclid=COy5rezw7s8CFQ6HaQod2H0HGw

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2612.JPG

IMG_2609.JPG

IMG_2615.JPG

IMG_2618.JPG

IMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

Sorry for the crappy pics......I place a layer of cheesecloth over my mash with ceramic weights on the top.....I always prefer to use a a brine to top my mash off and never had any issues.My brine is 3 tablespoons pickling salt to 2 cups filtered water....
This sauce has an amazing tropical flavor and is great on chicken,fish and pork.
This is a fairly mild sauce and It lets you taste your food. :dance: :dance:

Starting to get active...the liquid has risen 3/4 of an inch over night.

Its been about three weeks now and activity has pretty much come to a halt.....I have left the airlocks on and placed the ferments in a nice dark cool closet in the corner of the basement where they will spend the next couple of months aging.

Today I started another ferment from some Frozen Pineapple Rocoto's and Aji Lemon
I use Cutting Edge cultures for a starter.......very fast acting starter....and always under a brine....never ever had any issues using a brine consisting of 3 tablespoons coarse pickling salt and two cups filtered water.

image1.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

This ferment is just straight peppers....when it comes time to process there will be a bunch of roasted garlic and some vinegar added in to the mix.

Well its that time ...my 100 days are up for my Jalapeno sauce...better get it processed.
Had a good ph right out of the jar....added my Mango nectar,Lime juice and a touch of honey....cooked and blend and cooked some more.
Got 30 bottles out of the batch.....my labels are more novelty and were made for friends and family.....everyone knows me as the Grumpy cigar smoking guy work and play.
The guys at work eat this stuff up.....im only left with 5 of the thirty bottles......

IMG_4035.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4044.JPG

IMG_4051.JPG

Back