• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Roasted mild sauce...well it should be kinda mild

Im roasting the peppers in the oven atm. I have a couple orange habs, 3 large cowhorns, a couple ripe serranos and a bunch of my mystery Anaheim (ripe). Calling it a hot sauce might be a bit of a stretch. I wont be sure until i can blend it with some vinegar/water. Pepper sauce may be a more accurate description. Im going to add just a tiny bit of my chipolte powder for a hint of smokey.

Sorry for the lack of details atm but i will post more after they are done in the oven. I forgot to get an exact count or weight before chucking them in the oven.

EDIT: I got a weight...235gr of peppers after roasting. They are sweating in a bag atm.

Wow, roasting those peppers made them very sweet. The cowhorn took on one of the most interesting flavors i have ever tasted. Spicy caramel is the only way i can describe it.

230 grams roasted peppers
1 cup white food grade vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup low sodium spicy V8 juice
2 tbs gochu flakes
1/2 tsp chipolte powder
1/2 tsp salt (heaping)
2 garlic cloves
about 60 grams each of onion and baby carrot

I think im going to call it V12 or Rug Burn :D

Nice sounds like a winner  ;)

I took a look in the freezer found a Jonah, 3 lemon habs, 1 long thin green mystery chili from a buddy and some kind of yellow 7pot.

Put em in a sauce pan with half a chunk of elephant garlic, half a med scallion, and 2 cups seasoned mirin and 1 cup water...simmered blended.

Very pale and thin..added 3/8 of a teaspoon Zanthum and ended up with a surprising sweet, garlic, hot sauce.

Put half of it in a woozy, the other half to thin down the orange Fresno sauce from a few days back.

sure like reading all the ideas and variations on here.

If you use a fair amount of mirin for cooking, look for this one. its cheap and good.

Lotte Brand Mirin
IMGP0365.jpg

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Wow, roasting those peppers made them very sweet. The cowhorn took on one of the most interesting flavors i have ever tasted. Spicy caramel is the only way i can describe it.

230 grams roasted peppers
1 cup white food grade vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup low sodium spicy V8 juice
2 tbs gochu flakes
1/2 tsp chipolte powder
1/2 tsp salt (heaping)
2 garlic cloves
about 60 grams each of onion and baby carrot

I think im going to call it V12 or Rug Burn :D
Spicy Caramel interesting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

nice
now that "production" is over, I am going to do a few custom small batches for the household.....love roasting & smoking, the flavors you get are amazing

I used it as a dipping sauce yesterday for some popcorn chicken. The sweetness has toned down a bit but i dont think i was getting any lacto fermentation in the fridge. It been in the fridge for a little over a week

The heat level is just right for a good "dip" in the sauce. The spicy V8 juice paired well but i will use a less next time i use it. I made this mainly for friends with a low tolerance for spicy. I would guess its barely under Tabasco Chipolte and has a milder chipolte flavor too.

Back