• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Are you cutting back the grow in 2017 or expanding?

I am trying to cut back but grow more of the few I will eventually settale on.
At the moment I have Trinidad Red Scotch Bonnet & Justin White Strain of Moa Yellow
I may just keep it like that with two tomato varieties have not decided yet.
I just really don't have the space an not a lot of chilliheads around here
Brazilian Starfish will be grown at moms she loves them .

D3monic said:
My answer is yes.

I plan on cutting back which means I'll probably end up expanding
This is exactly what happens to me every year. By the end of the season i see how much peppers i have that I just have no use for. Then i start selecting seeds for next season and just get so hyped and excited that i expend anyways...
Chilihead brains work in mysterious ways!

Trident chilli said:
Quality over quantity I say every season .... haven't achieved it yet
John that what I am going for I've expanded the List then cut it back again it's been a tug of war
I know friends have missed my Facebook post this season but that just fuels the addiction lol

Cutting back this year. I'll be growing MOA's, JHC, Datil, Fatali, Red Savina, Aji varieties, Jalapeno's, 1-2 superhots and some rocoto's. Going to try air pruning next year with grow bags and my existing 5 gal buckets cutting holes in them. I should also have a permanent greenhouse by next summer a 6x15.

I have the space but my wife doesn't like the jungle look in the back yard from all the pepper plants all over the place. So I'll be growing most of my peppers along the perimeter fence line.

Back