• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Scotch Brain

I have seeds for them thanks to Justin but since taste is objective form person to person thought I would get others opinions form those who have grown them ?
There so many I want to grow but I got to knock it down.
2017 will be bonnet theme an maybe a few bonnet types like Justin White Bahamian Beast

there are a couple reviews on youtube, PeterS did one.
is pretty new var so not many tried it yet, also there are other people growing who seem to have different phenos.

my opinion is
if you want a superhot.. go for a real superhot(reaper/primo, moruga scorp, etc)
if you want a bonnet.. go for moa
if you want a bonnet but hotter.. this guy is great

To me, the Scotch Brain had a good yellow chinense taste. Some of the pods had a slight floral aftertaste to them, but nothing unpleasant. Heat seemed to be just a bit more than a regular Bonnet. It's a good pepper. But I feel that the Yellow MoA Bonnet has a richer, fruitier flavor. So I would pick the MoA over the Scotch Brain for flavor, if I had to choose between them. Both are good though.

There are a few different phenos going around of this amazing pepper. I prefer the Scotch Brain, Scotch Brain long and Yellow TFM over the MOA but that's just my taste.  To me the Scotch Brain has less of that Chinense smell and taste, very clean with citrus flavors and smell and maybe around 200-250,000 shu. 

Scotch long F4
20161016_125900.jpg

Scotch Brain proper pheno F3 on left and TFM yellow on right 
20160907_134119.jpg

Scotch brain proper pheno F3
20160919_121846.jpg

Cheers

FreeportBum said:
There are a few different phenos going around of this amazing pepper. I prefer the Scotch Brain, Scotch Brain long and Yellow TFM over the MOA but that's just my taste.  To me the Scotch Brain has less of that Chinense smell and taste, very clean with citrus flavors and smell and maybe around 200-250,000 shu. 

Scotch long F4
attachicon.gif
20161016_125900.jpg
Scotch Brain proper pheno F3 on left and TFM yellow on right 
attachicon.gif
20160907_134119.jpg
Scotch brain proper pheno F3
attachicon.gif
20160919_121846.jpg

Cheers

Love the Yellows, such beautiful peppers you have there!

Back