Don't ask me why. Guess since he hasn't derailed, its a good omen.
Time to get ready for next seasons grow and what better way to do that than thinking about seeds. I edited the rules slightly but see no reason to make too many modifications to them.
The following are the rules for and while riding on the TRUMP train. These are my rules and are to be adhered to at all times and there are no excuses for not doing so. I do not care that they may seem petty, ridiculous, or over bearing. If you don’t like them, Don’t ride. I DON’T CARE. They are in place for a good reason. If you have violated any of the following rules on past trains, don’t bother with this or future ones.
1) FOLLOW THE RULES! Failure to follow the rules will lead to being banned. Period.
Additionally, I will forward a list of the banned and the reasons to all other operators of trains on the forum. They can then decide your additional fate.
2) Open only to contiguous US members.
3) You MUST be an active THP member for 6 months or longer and have at least 300 posts.
3) Quid pro quo. Take a seed, leave a seed. Or more if you can.
This train grows with each round and provides its riders with a variety of pepper seed not available anywhere else.
Generosity is rewarded with generosity and variety. It is not a charity seed bank. If you only have a couple of varieties to contribute then post on the forum for seeds you want. There are very generous members here that will, if asked send you seed. A seed train is NOT the place for a newbie to obtain hundreds of varieties of pepper for few varieties everyone already has.
If you ride and remove seed and do not make a contribution, you are banned. Contributions will be identified as per the rule #4
4) Affix an adhesive label to the seed packet with at the very least variety and THP user name. Do not use any form of pen, marker or other form of writing instrument directly on the plastic bag as it wears off. All individual seed packets should be placed into a large zip lock bag with THP user name. If you remove the final content of any of the varieties from its packet, return the empty seed packet to the large zip lock bag so that it may be refilled by the originator for the next round. If you remove a seed packet from a contributors Ziploc bag, return it to the same bag. Not someone elses. Only the person contributing the seed should remove the individual empty seed packets.
5) Prior to re-shipping the seed pack, establish contact with the next person on the list and confirm they know the seed pack shipment is imminent. They should already be aware of where the train is and expecting it. You should have contacted this person at the onset of the train for their shipping address so when you are ready to ship there isn't any last minute chaos.
If there is a problem or prior shipping concern, contact me and I will provide reroute instructions.
6) Turn the packet around in 3 (THREE) days. (A day starts @ 7:00PM of your time zone the day of delivery to you). And place back into service with a USPS tracking number by 7:00PM 3 days later. The default standard shipping container has been the 9.5" x 12.5" Priority mail flat rate envelope. These are free but must be ordered online from USPS. Now is a good time to do so as everyone should be shipping in a new envelope each time the seeds are shipped.
Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope
SKU: EP14PE-XV 9-1/2" x 12-1/2"Pack of 15 Envelopes
Availability: Ships in 3-5 Business Days
7) Once the pack has left your possession, post here with the tracking number.
8) If you are interested in participating and meet the requirements, Post to this thread (I'm in).
The train will be full at 15 riders. New riders will be added as first come first serve. But may be modified to expedite and make the train more efficient.
I know $hit happens and intent and execution are two different things. If you find at any time you cannot continue to participate, contact me at once and I will make the necessary changes.
Providing of course, you contact me before the packet ships to you.
9) No rigid containers containing powders, sauces or seed. The only containers allowed on the train are plastic bags.
10) It is assumed that when you sign on to participate in the seed train, that you are interested in doing so. That being the case, it is up to you to be proactive and ready to receive the seed packet. Very little, I repeat, very little time will be spent attempting to contact participants whose inbox is full and who have not logged on the forum in weeks. I will attempt to make this years train more efficient and expedient as well as beneficial.
A running and up-datable list will be placed at the bottom of this page and it will contain all of the riders of the current round. It will however, not be the order the train will run. I will make every possible effort to place riders in the position of the choosing but cannot guarantee it.
As the train grows there are bound to be duplicate seed types. When I get the train at the mid point, I will NOT combine any duplicate seeds into one envelope. No one else should either.
Participation requirements. The established requirements to participate are the absolute minimum I feel should be in place (6 months and 300 posts). There is a lot of members hard work in one packet of seeds and in most cases no one knows anyone on the forum much more than a user name. Longevity and character on the forum are the best clues about the perspective rider (but I have found this to not be conclusive). It is my responsibility to all riders to attempt to vet all riders to the best of my online ability.
The train won’t leave till I am confident that everyone knows where the train is coming from, who it is going to and when. I will provide an actual train schedule prior to departure.
Edited by CAPCOM, 29 October 2016 - 01:12 AM.