• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Not Scotch Bonnet

I bought this plant as a seedling from the garden centre labelled as a scotch bonnet with the description about being shaped like a ... well, you know.  After reading a couple of threads on here about misidentification of SBs, I've realised that these are definitely not them.  I looked again at the plant label and it has a picture on there which is pretty much what I've got, i.e. not SBs either.  So mine is true to whatever it's supposed to be, but it's no bonnet.  

Does anyone know what it is?  It's hot, but I wouldn't know how to describe the taste, as I'm very inexperienced.

The pods are about 5cm / 2" long, at a guess (I haven't measured.)

image.jpg1.jpg

P.S.  Can anyone tell me how to make a post without random words coming up as links?

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
While I agree with Habanero in shape I see one fruit per node in pic?

There's one fruit from some nodes and two from others.  Some of the flowers dropped without setting.  Mostly where I've got two, there's one this size and one much smaller.  I would post another pic to show it but it's taken me days of effort just to get this one on here. 

The one at the right of the pic is one of two and has an unripe small pod hiding behind it.  The one at the bottom had a same-size "twin" but I had already harvested it.  Mostly where I've got two, there's one this size and one much smaller.

Mitzi said:

I would post another pic to show it but it's taken me days of effort just to get this one on here.

I see  you use PhotoBucket (PB), try this...

While in the album the pic is in, hover cursor over PB pic you want to post...
Top left of pic three lines appear, hover cursor over it, then click on Share in drop down menu.
In the menu that opens click on the box that appears under Direct, note message - Copied.
(Note: If you are "On" the pic in PB these selections are on the right of page under Share This Photo.)
In the tread you want to post to where the cursor is flashing, click on the Image Icon midway in the lower menu row at top of your post.
In the Image Properties box that opens note flashing cursor under URL, hit CTRL + V then OK.

Hope this helps! 
NECM

Thanks, but most of the problem was to do with having to use a different device to do each stage of the process, for various reasons.  On the ipad, I never got the "Copied" message on Photobucket so couldn't paste it into here.  I'm new to this forum but have been using Photobucket to post pics to other forums for years.  It seems to be getting harder, not easier, though.  

Mitzi said:
Thanks, but most of the problem was to do with having to use a different device to do each stage of the process, for various reasons.  On the ipad, I never got the "Copied" message on Photobucket so couldn't paste it into here.  I'm new to this forum but have been using Photobucket to post pics to other forums for years.  It seems to be getting harder, not easier, though.  
I used photobucket for around 10 years before getting fed up with it. It's so slow to load and there was other issues.

I switched to imgur, loads fast, mobil quick. Only downside is I can't fing img codes on thier mobile app

IIRC Caribbean Red Habanero is a variant strain of Habanero that will therefore taste and look similar but have certain differences from your average red Hab. Caribbean Red Hot, on the other hand, is supposedly a seperate pepper close to the Red Savina in heat but more Scotch Bonnet like in flavour. I have not confirmed what I have heard about the latter though.

spicefreak said:
IIRC Caribbean Red Habanero is a variant strain of Habanero that will therefore taste and look similar but have certain differences from your average red Hab. Caribbean Red Hot, on the other hand, is supposedly a seperate pepper close to the Red Savina in heat but more Scotch Bonnet like in flavour. I have not confirmed what I have heard about the latter though.
ditto

Back