•  

Photo

Mini Red Rocoto (C.pubescens) Pod Test!

Mini Red Rocoto rocoto red rocoto pod test pod review pubescens red pepper mini pubescens

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 standbyandfire

standbyandfire

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

Originally was a Mini Yellow Rocoto last season. Reverted to Red this season. Thanks for tuning in my friends and have a great day!

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

#2 Thegreenchilemonster

Thegreenchilemonster

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

Great review! I grew mini red rocoto this year as well. I got them in a seed trade, but was told they were supposed to be yellow pods. I have picked tasty little red pods all Summer and fall from that plant. I agree with you on the Pubescens seeds, they aren't very edible, unless blended in a sauce. An interesting thing with the red rocoto mini is how many seeds it has for such a small pod, and also how large the seeds are for such a small pod. The seeds from the rocoto mini are as large, or larger than seeds from some of the large podded rocoto cultivars I grew this year.

#3 standbyandfire

standbyandfire

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:44 AM

Great review! I grew mini red rocoto this year as well. I got them in a seed trade, but was told they were supposed to be yellow pods. I have picked tasty little red pods all Summer and fall from that plant. I agree with you on the Pubescens seeds, they aren't very edible, unless blended in a sauce. An interesting thing with the red rocoto mini is how many seeds it has for such a small pod, and also how large the seeds are for such a small pod. The seeds from the rocoto mini are as large, or larger than seeds from some of the large podded rocoto cultivars I grew this year.

Yeah, those pods are packed with seeds. I have to say one of the better tasting pubescens too. Thanks for tuning in my friend.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mini Red Rocoto, rocoto, red rocoto, pod test, pod review, pubescens, red pepper, mini pubescens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests