• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pubescens Mini Red Rocoto (C.pubescens) Pod Test!

Great review! I grew mini red rocoto this year as well. I got them in a seed trade, but was told they were supposed to be yellow pods. I have picked tasty little red pods all Summer and fall from that plant. I agree with you on the Pubescens seeds, they aren't very edible, unless blended in a sauce. An interesting thing with the red rocoto mini is how many seeds it has for such a small pod, and also how large the seeds are for such a small pod. The seeds from the rocoto mini are as large, or larger than seeds from some of the large podded rocoto cultivars I grew this year.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Great review! I grew mini red rocoto this year as well. I got them in a seed trade, but was told they were supposed to be yellow pods. I have picked tasty little red pods all Summer and fall from that plant. I agree with you on the Pubescens seeds, they aren't very edible, unless blended in a sauce. An interesting thing with the red rocoto mini is how many seeds it has for such a small pod, and also how large the seeds are for such a small pod. The seeds from the rocoto mini are as large, or larger than seeds from some of the large podded rocoto cultivars I grew this year.
Yeah, those pods are packed with seeds. I have to say one of the better tasting pubescens too. Thanks for tuning in my friend.

Back