• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors Hunting Thread

I assume with the vast membership a few of the hunters here are getting out this Fall.

I for one will be looking for new and spicy recipes for venison...

14925548_198673090581984_6168212844149366000_n.jpg

This is about a two-and-a-half year old, I would have loved to come up on this one:

14993334_198673240581969_7710010696733040572_n.jpg

Anyone else getting their tags filled? I have one more whitetail (doe) tag to fill, then I'm thinking of going to Texas for some wild pig...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Bad to the woods int he AM for me, black powder and deer are ruttin hard! We have the largest bucks we have ever had on cam this season. 
Luck to you. Yah, the rut in north Minnesnowta is ridiculous this year. Every morning I found rubs from hell that weren't there the previous evening. Haven't seen any monster bucks, but there seems to be 3 for every doe. My 4 by 3 was about 2&1/2 years old, old enough to weigh in and young enough to be tender without help. My doe looks to be around 2 as well. HUGE population this year.

14956423_198673327248627_6862274762945650962_n.jpg

These are peppered about the woods, several new every day. I'm seeing LOTS of scrape too, but no signs of fighting.

Usually those are from shedding velvet as I am sure you know but there are a TON of active scrape on our property this year. We have two different scrape lines with about 6 to 10 scrapes on each. 

Good luck to you as well, leaving now and hope to bag a few tomorrow!

Cheers

We have heard a few clashes of antlers as well, I also grunted in two bucks from 200+ yards to only hit a small twig in the cutover and have my bullet deflect and miss a nice 8

OK. Here is my 1st deer kill for this year and it comes with a challenge. All of my past deer have been harvested with a very simple double lung shot. I challenge anyone to duplicate the shot below and drop the deer within 50 yds from point of initial arrow impact.

Resized952016110595085532.jpg

my second doe this season,  i thought i missed...i had seen 2 deer   one in back of this one.  i seen the one in the back was a doe...the other had its head down and i thought it was at least a spike.

when i shot...2 deer ran off.

it was a 200 yard shot, i couldnt belive i missed...walk down and found this..the reason i couldnt see it down was because of a small berm.

i would have let it pass if i known it was a doe.

2rpb85d.jpg

CAPCOM said:
OK. Here is my 1st deer kill for this year and it comes with a challenge. All of my past deer have been harvested with a very simple double lung shot. I challenge anyone to duplicate the shot below and drop the deer within 50 yds from point of initial arrow impact.

attachicon.gif
Resized952016110595085532.jpg

Oh effin' OUTCH!!

Every deer I've ever taken dropped in place. I'm kind of proud of that record, I hunt in dense woods and a lot of my shots were inside some tight spaces, like that doe.

I've been invited to Abilene for a hog hunt. No limit, no season. My pork supply is getting low, I think it'll be worth the drive. :dance:
hardcore said:
my second doe this season,  i thought i missed...i had seen 2 deer   one in back of this one.  i seen the one in the back was a doe...the other had its head down and i thought it was at least a spike.

when i shot...2 deer ran off.

it was a 200 yard shot, i couldnt belive i missed...walk down and found this..the reason i couldnt see it down was because of a small berm.

i would have let it pass if i known it was a doe.

2rpb85d.jpg

Yearling doe can't be beat for table fare!! I always (except like this year when the freezers were empty) gor for the spikes and the smaller does. The meat is almost all backstrap!

Jubnat said:
Whoa Capcom...it's hard to tell from the pic...

...but did you shoot an arrow up that deer's butthole?
No, right hind quarter. Missed all internals and clipper the femoral artery. Instantaneous bleed out.

Back