• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Blackened Grouper with beans and beans - To butter or Oil?

Making up some blackening seasoning...

15032791_1378292628871126_773072492517922930_n.jpg

15037346_1378292622204460_7744377515055600690_n.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Salt, white pepper, black pepper, dried cayenne, oregano, thyme, smoked paprika, regular paprika, dried onion, garlic powder
Any reason for choosing cayenne over any other dried peppers or powders you have ?

Or do you use others depending upon the heat and flavor you are looking for. Thanks !

SavinaRed said:
Any reason for choosing cayenne over any other dried peppers or powders you have ?

Or do you use others depending upon the heat and flavor you are looking for. Thanks !
I like to make the fish the star, chinense peppers over power IMO and I grow these Cayenne for personal consumption in my blackening seasoning and for my chimichurri 

What strain of cayenne Chris ?

I'm always looking to expand my horizons in the kitchen and started fishing allot again with my brother. I'm going to try this with some sturgeon. 

SavinaRed said:

I'm always looking to expand my horizons in the kitchen and started fishing allot again with my brother. I'm going to try this with some sturgeon. 
Cayenne Indonesian 
I'll share the recipe with you in a message

SavinaRed said:

Share the pics....I have a couple Sturgeon filets vac packed from awhile back (closed to retention around here now)....first thing came to mind was using it after reading this thread.

Back