• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Seed Stalkig for 2017 season?

Not really sure how to put it.  Stalking cows doesnt thrill me much cause there is a field of them across the street and I can buy steaks at Walmart.  I stalked the Chocolate Bhutlah until I had five variety growing, then the SM variety came available and the obsession was gone because you could just buy the seed the way a person can buy a steak.

My obsession has moved on to having complete sets.  If I have the original brain strain, I have to have the yellow and chocolate while I ponder white.  If I have Fatalii, I cant have just the yellow when I know someone has white, chocolate, green and so on.

So wondering, what is your obsession for 2017 season.  What peppers are you stalking.  Is there a pattern like my wanting to grow every color of the variety I am already growing?

In beginning I want to tone down, but I end up want to grow around 95 varieties with one plant per varieties with every possible color in the superhot categories.

chocolate nagabrains strain 1 and 2 or nagareaper

I keep stockpiling Bonnets, but i think the goal is to pick a favorite variety of Bonnet, and then focus on that'n.  So, i suppose that's different from your drive to collect'm all.

AJ Drew said:
Stalking cows doesnt thrill me much cause there is a field of them across the street and I can buy steaks at Walmart.  

I bet you anything that the members over on thehotcattle.com forums would think you were crazy if they read this thread.  (And they probably figure that they can find peppers growing in their neighbours' gardens, and they can buy chiles at the Walmart...)

It just depends on how far you've travelled down this pepper addiction path.

I'm still new , 3 years , so I still try to get one of each "group" of peppers.

One Bhut , one 7 pot , one scorpion , one jalapeno , one aji etc....

So,I badly need a rocoto.

sicman said:
Was the begin of this message brought to us by morphine?

Nope.  I am still couch locked for the Thanksgiving holding pattern.  For Thanksgiving, wife is taking me to in-laws so I can lay on their couch.  I can make it to the bathroom, so at lease I dont have to use a pee bottle.  Seriously, I royally screwed myself up this season but I kind of like having a house.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
dilaudid 

I think that is the one that comes after morphine.  Strange thing that.  They will send a person home with IV antibiotics that go in a port right to your heart.  They will give you insulin.  They will give you a host of IV drugs.  But pain reliever via IV is a giant no no.

Have been with two people dying of cancer.  Even with an IV or port already installed, their pain medicine is always oral.

As far as new varieties I can say I'm really excited for the Elysium Oxide bonnet (SB Farie X douglah), choco BBG7, brainstrains yellow, red, brown (sourcing seeds that originated from Cappy is definitely part of the stalking), and a good variety of congos (Trinidad habs). Also looking at several bhuts - BOC, peach WM, and others. I've already bought/saved WAY more varieties than I can realistically grow so... I guess I'm really stalking them all.

My obsession these days are Aji's, MOA's, Rocoto's, different Jalapeno's and various chocolates. And Rather than continuing to try and grow superhots and failing I'll just buy them from you guys/gals who are successful at growing them in your climates when I need to make a death sauce lol. 

SavinaRed said:
My obsession these days are Aji's, MOA's, Rocoto's, different Jalapeno's and various chocolates. And Rather than continuing to try and grow superhots and failing I'll just buy them from you guys/gals who are successful at growing them in your climates when I need to make a death sauce lol. 

After going thru recent seeds, your list will be my main focus this season.

Of course gotta throw a few supers in there..Jays Peach and a few F2/F3's I received from D3monic.

To new at pepper growing to pick out specific groups...in due time though.

Masher said:

After going thru recent seeds, your list will be my main focus this season.

Of course gotta throw a few supers in there..Jays Peach and a few F2/F3's I received from D3monic.

To new at pepper growing to pick out specific groups...in due time though.
The flavors of those peppers stand out for me heads and shoulders above all the different pepper varieties I've tried to date. And I'm not really inot the superhots these days and the heat level I most enjoy is the MOA level and under. It has plenty of kick for my personal taste.

SavinaRed said:
The flavors of those peppers stand out for my heads and shoulders above all the different pepper varieties I've tried to date. And I'm not really inot the superhots these days and the heat level I most enjoy is the MOA level and under. It has plenty of kick for my personal taste.
gotta love a little BUTCH ' T ' powder once in a while tho ,   mmmm   :party:

moruga welder said:
gotta love a little BUTCH ' T ' powder once in a while tho ,   mmmm   :party:
Oh yes I love the superhot powders for sure its just using them fresh or in a sauce that I was referring to in my post. I should of clarified that lol. My favorite thing to do with the supers is make powder out of them.

Back