• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

El jefe jalapeño

I grew this jalapeño in my new greenhouse, nice plant , productive , turned red fast, but it is way hotter than the ones I grew years ago . I used to stuff and deep fried them , but the El Jefe is too hot for me to down whole . Does anyone else have experience with this pepper? Could growing in a hothouse increase the heat?

I have had regular jalapeno in the garden for a few yrs now....some yrs they are normal heat, a couple yrs they were mouth blistering.

I always bought starts from local garden store...didn't save seeds yet.

I always figured it had to do with seeds stock and growing conditions for that yr.

tim storey said:
I grew this jalapeño in my new greenhouse, nice plant , productive , turned red fast, but it is way hotter than the ones I grew years ago . I used to stuff and deep fried them , but the El Jefe is too hot for me to down whole . Does anyone else have experience with this pepper? Could growing in a hothouse increase the heat?

I've grow this one for several years and it's one of the hotter Jalapeno's out there. Quick fierce heat, of course the growing conditions have an influence but the variety itself packs quite some heat for an Jalapeno.

Its a great pepper, I found better then the regular one and more consistent, taste great. Didnt find it hotter.

P1100163_ElJefePeppers-1000_zpsv5rr1mis.jpg

Back