• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

BIG SHOW OFF: Photos of Your Hybrids!

Regular peppers are nice, but sooo common! Hybrids, on the other side, are real pioneers, and they can be surprising and exciting, full of unexpected things! Feel free in this thread to show off your hybrids! Post photos of them, and please also tell us what our tired eyes are seeing there! :-)

OK.

I am attempting to grow out and fully stabilize this pepper.

IMG_20161030_130538128.jpg
IMG_20160903_083631956.jpg
IMG_20160824_173202712.jpg

It began with an accidental cross between an already crossed pepper, Yellow 7-Pot and King Naga, and a browm mutation of the normally red Trindad Large Scorpion.

These pictures are the second year of growing.

:surprised: Those look beautiful!

alkhall said:
OK.

I am attempting to grow out and fully stabilize this pepper.

IMG_20161030_130538128.jpg
IMG_20160903_083631956.jpg
IMG_20160824_173202712.jpg

It began with an accidental cross between an already crossed pepper, Yellow 7-Pot and King Naga, and a browm mutation of the normally red Trindad Large Scorpion.

These pictures are the second year of growing.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
`Nice cross, compact plant - great production - unique pod/color combination.

Thanks.

The clay pot actually had two plants in it, and I was surprised at the amount of pods they produced for the size of the plants.

I had two more of them (the third pic) in my raised bed that were over five feet in height.

alkhall said:

Thanks.

The clay pot actually had two plants in it, and I was surprised at the amount of pods they produced for the size of the plants.

I had two more of them (the third pic) in my raised bed that were over five feet in height.

So in a pot it's compact and productive & in the ground it's a beast and productive?

Sounds like a winner to me! Keep-on keepin'-on the grow out!

Aji Painapple (aji pineapple x butch T yellow)

3LbYbFT.jpg

eXNUtnO.jpg

D3 Goat ( bahamian goat x butch t yellow)

cN5tKNh.jpg

rkH28zS.jpg

E8GT1Tv.jpg

El scorponero ( Carbonero x butch t yellow)

7Xdk4dS.jpg

Multiple phenos of Aji Inti ( lemon drop x inca berry)

X8lNa7n.jpg

2 phenos of 7pot burgundy x cgn -21500

t5FejPw.jpg

Devils prick ( paper lantern hab x butch t yellow)

J2UXT2c.jpg

Aji amarillo x carribean red habanero

VC5r5uq.jpg

L2UPHIs.jpg

D3monic said:
Aji Painapple (aji pineapple x butch T yellow)

3LbYbFT.jpg

eXNUtnO.jpg

D3 Goat ( bahamian goat x butch t yellow)

cN5tKNh.jpg

rkH28zS.jpg

E8GT1Tv.jpg

El scorponero ( Carbonero x butch t yellow)

7Xdk4dS.jpg

X8lNa7n.jpg

2 phenos of 7pot burgundy x cgn -21500

t5FejPw.jpg

Devils prick ( paper lantern hab x butch t yellow)

J2UXT2c.jpg

Aji amarillo x carribean red habanero

VC5r5uq.jpg

L2UPHIs.jpg

I noticed you have crossed several peppers with Butch T Yellow - is that your favorite pepper?

Love your crosses, too. They look amazing.

Amazing hybrids! It was a good idea, to start this thread! I saw already some crazy hybrids at the X-CHILIES on Facebook, but here are some hybrids I never saw before! Wow!

Are there more wicked hybrids out there? Doesn't need to be crosses between super-hots only. I wouldlove to see crosses of ANY chili variety, even with the fleshy, thick-walled sweet red bell pepper! Flavor matters!

austin, have you decided which of the different phenotypes you will be continueing? or do you plan on using them all to make f2, then start the selection proccess?

in particular to this

jeff84 said:
austin, have you decided which of the different phenotypes you will be continueing? or do you plan on using them all to make f2, then start the selection proccess?

in particular to this

The long pheno of aji inti was the best tasting of the bunch and that was the one I selected to cary into f3.

F3 is currently being grown out in New Zealand, he will send me the best from those so I can grow out f4 this next season

Seems I am lucky to live in the tropical part of Jamaica! Within one year, I can grow here up to four plant generations! The reason is, that this region here, especially so close to the rainforest between the mountains, knows no winter. And chili plants prosper here like crazy. :-)

D3monic, I sent you a PM. Did you receive it?

Mea Culpa for all the likes on this thread, didn't realize it was an old one revived.

I'll be in the corner for the rest of the evening. :mope: :silenced:

Back