vendor sugar rush peach seeds.

hey all- i am looking for some sugar rush peach seeds. never actually tried them before, heard they are good. if anybody knows where to get some please let me know.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
i have ordered from this guy who is also a member here :)

https://www.whitehotpeppers.com/products/sugar-rush-peach

very reasonable prices, and local 

:cheers:

It's open pollinated seed, though, so you would have no idea if what you were getting was the genuine article or not.  

What do other people think about this?  I think if you're giving seed away for free, and you tell the recipient that it's open pollinated so could be a cross, that's fine.  But if you're asking money for it, selling it as a specific named variety, then it should be that specific named variety, not a cross between that and any other random pepper.  It's only a very reasonable price if you actually get what you pay for, otherwise you're paying for something you might not get.  

Feel free to tell me that I'm being unreasonable and life ain't like that.

Mitzi said:

It's open pollinated seed, though, so you would have no idea if what you were getting was the genuine article or not.  

What do other people think about this: I think if you're giving seed away, and you state it's open pollinated so could be a cross, that's fine.  But if you're asking money for it, selling it as a specific named variety, then it should be that specific named variety, not a cross between that and any other random pepper.  It's only a very reasonable price if you actually get what you pay for.  

Feel free to tell me that I'm being unreasonable and life ain't like that.
I'm not going to get into the natural self pollination of pepper plants 

I will say that i'm not even sure the sugar rush peach is completely stable yet, or if growers are even selecting the same phenotype. I certainly have seen more than one shape in various growers here's glogs.

I will also mention that this seller i linked was where i sourced the seeds for nearly 1/3 of my grow this year, and i had no problem with them not growing true. 

If you want to feel more certain, than i'd suggest sticking to wild or landrace peppers, and maybe purchase seeds from their country's seedbanks themselves.  Though they often don't have pictures and descriptions like the members here take the time to update their grow-logs with.

:cheers:

Back