• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2017 – Twelve Variations on “Bhut Jolokia”

Besides my [not insignificant] overwinters and plants I already have going, I may only start these twelve seedlings of my absolute favorite bhut and bhut crosses:

Jubnat said:
Well...tell us more about the Bhut and Bhut crosses...

austin87 said:
Come now spit it out! We want to know all about them!

Patience, patience, I'll let the pods speak for themselves when the time comes ;) .

OCD Chilehead said:
Oh, this is wonderful. I can't wait. Good luck Charles. I'm excited to see how they turn out. I'm sure they'll be picture perfect.

Chuck

Datil said:
I will follow with great interest as always Charles!
I've got some very nice bhuts/nagas seeds that will hit the dirt soon as well :)

Good luck

Datil

Thanks Chuck, thanks Datil!

Pepperhead1989 said:
Looks like I need to start now lol

Maybe... I germinated these fresh from the pods just to see how fast they'd come up.  But looking back at my 2016 glog, I already had things going at this time last year.

PaulG said:
Ha! Nothing like a good mystery.  Bated breath here!

Haha, funny.  Mostly when I talk about Bhut Jolokias people just roll their eyes, odd bunch around here aren't we?

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Very wise cutback selection! I too plan to reduce a ton this year and focus more on what I love to cook with and makes the best powders. 

I just have to try to avoid spending too much time looking at my seed stash... I was thinking of growing some peach crosses I made, etc. etc.. :rolleyes:

Yes I would like to here more about them like who or how they were crossed and maybe your growing strategy for them I've been on the internet looking for my next hot pepper and the Bhut has came into view

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mwdxx said:
Yes I would like to here more about them like who or how they were crossed and maybe your growing strategy for them I've been on the internet looking for my next hot pepper and the Bhut has came into view

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks for stopping by.  Bhuts are great.  Check out my past glogs on here to get a sense of what I'm into.

I should probably manage my messages.  My apologies if I haven't responded to anyone reading this, I go through periods of non-responsiveness.  I do have a few varieties I wouldn't mind seeing other people with glogs grow out...

Back