• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Question about 7 Pot Varieties

I'm currently outlining what kind of varieties i want to grow for the 2017 season
and a lot of different 7 pot strains are on my list, such as madballz, brain strain, bbg, burgundy etc.

so i'm wondering if there's much of difference between them, apart from phenotypes.
surely their heat level will vary as well, as will color, but can they be clearly distinguished by taste?

7 Pot Yellow tastes nothing like the Brainstrain. One's citrus and the other's a more normal fruitiness. I'm not sure how much of the difference is just the colour but different 7 Pots definitely taste different.

+1 on the burgundy. It is the best tasting and most usable in the 7pot class IMO. I believe I could identify it in a blind tasting among other 7pots as it is by far the most pleasant to eat. If you are looking for flavor and not mind bending heat, I would recommend the burgundy.

My favorite 7 Pot is the Jonah, its a very good sauce and powder pepper.  It has a strong chinense taste so its an acquired taste for some But I really like them.  Its a must grow for me. 

Back