• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Sous Vide Lamb Chop

I used my Anova Precision Cooker Sous Vide device to cook a delicious shoulder lamb chop. The device connects to my iPhone via an app and Bluetooth. I used the app to control the device and the device sent status updates to my phone.

After some internet research, I decided on a 60 minute cook at 147 F.

Once the water reached the desired temperature, I vacuum sealed a fully defrosted lamb chop and immersed it in the water. It came out rare, but was neither undercooked, nor difficult to chew. Recipes usually call for searing the meat after cooking in this manner, but I didn’t find anything wrong with the consistency and didn’t miss the extra step. I found the lamb chop to be delicious. I didn’t waste the scrumptious juice from the bag—I poured it onto the meat.

http://imgur.com/a/53O3N

yeah was reading the older one with the higher wattage was blowing or tripping people's kitchens lol!
you using any special bags or just ziplocks?

Chewi said:
yeah was reading the older one with the higher wattage was blowing or tripping people's kitchens lol!
you using any special bags or just ziplocks?
I used official Foodsaver bags and vacuum sealed the chop in my Foodsaver vacuum sealer.

Back