• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

thoughts on a aerogarden?

i was looking at the ultra model because i see the price on amazon has gone down significantly.  i know i can only do 7 pots in it, but was curious more than i am anything.  plants can get up to 24 inches.  

has anyone had any experience with these models?  is any of this worth it?  i'm more looking more for the look compared to the functionality (granted i'm sure the functionality is fine)  just getting opinions before i pull any triggers because it will most likely be in my kitchen starting superhots and perhaps things i use alot like basil, rosemary, etc.....  

check out THP member, peter s and his pod review videos...maybe send him a message.

He has a couple units in the background of several pod reviews growing peppers....results look pretty good.

awesome i'm really considering getting them.  can i use jiffy pods to start off with and adapt into the system?  kinda wan to make them pull able so i can trans plant them without having many issues with the plastic part

ok so i pulled the trigger on one and got a second set of pots  

are they like 2ish inch net pots can i use those as well??    just getting ideas :)   i have a hydro store by my gym thats why i ask.  they have tons of stuff there!   super hots for sure i want to throw in some mesh pots that they have once they need transplanted.   

You can bury the plastic part if you choose to without issue or cut it away with scissors. I have posted some pictures somewhere but my LED setup works awesome and I planted directly outside without hardening off. 

Basil

13061991_1206381266062264_4140409348192806799_n.jpg

Potted up post AG

12718002_1193580514009006_8632921000365105220_n.jpg

156078_1179058838794507_5338066441544382590_n.jpg

12814682_1166614916705566_7317354231556512646_n.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
You can bury the plastic part if you choose to without issue or cut it away with scissors. I have posted some pictures somewhere but my LED setup works awesome and I planted directly outside without hardening off. 

i was more interested in keeping the plastic part to reuse haha.  

I ran a few to full size on the Ultra LED. Two plants max. They got big and were heavily pruned. Pod production was a bit sad compared to ooutside plants. Maybe there are some hotrod tips to help with fruit production but I think the tank size is a big limiter. For now, I am sticking to seedling starting and cloning.

ive been reading about hacks that i'm going to try 

i may have messed up though, or would it matter if i threw in the whole starter in the bottle?   other than the fact that i'll have to renew it when i change the water.   i know it talked about on the bottle in putting x amount.  i have another bottle, but not going to buy those miracle grow stuff after this.   

My wife offered me a 3 pods aeorgarden for Christmas, any idea regarding where I can buy the plastic pods for cheap?

Any recommandation regarding the sponge material?
The best nutrient?

Back