Get chillis or die trying. Hello from Perth, Australia.

Hello Everyone.

Ive Just moved to Perth Australia from the eastern states and I was shocked that red capsicums/bell peppers could be $13 kg here.

I thought maybe they are doing some Kobe beef style thing here and massaging them whilst playing music to them.

Determined to bypass this blatant cash grab, I was determined to grow my own to save some cash, so headed to the local hardware.

As seems to always be the case, I went off on a tangent and came home with 4 chilli plants instead. Impressed with their range, a week later I went back and bought another 6 varieties.  A few days ago I was in the hardware again and I went pass the chillis again and I felt a deep, deep sense of sadness that there were more varieties of chillis that I didn't have, so I picked up more types.  I soon realized that I needed to have ALL the types of chilli!

Soon after that I realized I had 16 varieties of chilli with a growing list of issues and questions and I ended up here :)

Currently Have:
Caysan
Asian Siam
Thai
Anaheim
Jalapeno
Carolina Reaper
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow
Orange Habanero
Hoa Lat
Black Pearl
Hungarian Yellow
Salsa Red
Mexibelle
Joe E Parker
Serano
Some type of Cayenne

Looking forward to some of your expert opinions, maybe I can post some pictures later but after seeing some plants of members here It would only cause shame to display such puny plants! :P

Welcome to the addiction.  :)  Looks like you are off to a good start.

Chilli_Flashback said:
I felt a deep, deep sense of sadness that there were more varieties of chillis that I didn't have, so I picked up more types.  I soon realized that I needed to have ALL the types of chilli!

I can relate to that feeling. For even more varieties, you might want to check out the Hippy Seed Company. Really good, trustworthy vendor in Australia with a large selection: http://thehippyseedcompany.com/product-category/chilli-seeds/

Do you have any e planation from locals as of why I know the sharks are killers what about the out back is this Australian history or what good catch wish you luck in growing

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Welcome from Victoria fellow Aussie.  :welcome:

You've certainly found the right place for all things peppers. 

SR.

Back