Vegas Noob

Hello everyone, i'm new to pepper world.  I moved to Vegas 3 years ago, video poker got old so i'm looking for some new hobbies. i started a grow late in the season but produced a good amount of jalapenos, serranos, cayenne and habaneros.  I've never been into spicy food, but growing the plants is fun and i'm working on building a tolerance to the heat.  I have a bag of dried habanero flakes at my desk and eat a couple each day, people don't seem to pay attention as i express my feelings about the heat.  The internet is great for research, i have my indoor grow set up, and it was fun hardening off the plants when the summer was already at 102 lows in peak day.  Looking forward to next season and already have some seeds i'm starting and enjoy 8" clay pots and drip irrigation.  Look forward to learning more from this group.

-Lucas

Hey hey, Lucas! As long as you're building a tolerance, I'd strongly suggest checking out the bajillion and one baccatum varieties. Most of them are in the 30,000-40,000 SHU range, although the spread goes from 0-100,000. They tend to be really pleasant-flavored, in addition to being mild.

Back