• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Cheesy Weekend II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
CHEESE!

We always make December BIG, and this year it's the highly anticipated CHEESE Throwdown! Suggested many times over the years, but this will be the 1st!

This is all about showcasing cheese. Do you make the best mac n cheese? Do you make the best grilled cheese? Or a fancier meal, a dessert? How will you get your cheese to speak for the meal? (note: this weekend is meal and dessert only NO breakfast or sandwiches)

A few buzzwords come to mind. Ooze, melt, drip, pull, gluttony, excess, extreme.   :D

That's right! This is all about the cheese so make sure it is the highlight of the meal and photographed as so! Can you make your own cheese? Sure! But the point here is to showcase the food we all love... CHEEEEEEESE!

5 Crowns!

Cheesy Weekend I (Dec 2-5)
Breakfast (plate or sandwich)
Sandwich (lunch and dinner sandwiches)
2 Polls

• All Sandwiches can be served alone or may include one side that must also be cheesy. Is soup or salad a side? Sure! If it's CHEESY! Put it all one one plate please.
  • All Breakfast plates may include sides, but for each non-cheesy side there must be one cheesy side, up to four total (it is common for breakfast to have a lot on the plate but you must go 50/50 minimum with the sides having cheese). Toast does not count as side.
(this week!)
Cheesy Weekend II (Dec 9-12)
Meal (lunch and dinner plates, no sandwiches)
Dessert (cheese dessert)
2 Polls
  • Just don't make a sandwich or breakfast, and go as cheesy as you want, no restrictions! Remember this is all about cheese!
  • Desserts served alone except required accompaniments.
Following Weekend (Dec 16-18)
Best Overall
Poll only, no cooking

Then, enjoy your holiday and new year!

This is Anything Goes as long as there is cheese, AND the point is to showcase the cheese. Let's see the melt, let's see the drip, let's see the excess! Think outside the box and make something cheesy that usually isn't or go with traditional cheesy dishes and be extreme! All up to you!

As always all entries must be spicy.

CLICK: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
10 pics max in final post, enough to show the extra ooze.
Title your entries in final post, list all ingredients with measurements and cooking methods.
PoL: $.45 (PoL only needs to be shown ONCE in a pic with all or a majority of the ingredients used, or in a final presentation pic of the main entry, preferably not on the plate.)
ENDS MONDAY 11:59 PM EST

BEGIN!

beer

cheese

beer cheese!

The hell.

Is this how TD's work now? Everybody sits in silence until there's only 1.5 hours left on Sunday? Monday? Tuesday?

I'm cookin now gang. Cuz I'm hungry. 

"Gang" :rofl: :rofl:  Hey gang!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Float a Habanero on your Dr. Pepper, sit back and slap yourself 3 times. :cheers:

20161209_211721.jpg

I'm in!

IMG_2085_zpsl7hjry7d.jpg

Scoville DeVille said:

Float a Habanero on your Dr. Pepper, sit back and slap yourself 3 times. :cheers:

OK! 
IMG_2086_zpsn1nrsv26.jpg

Would you settle for a Bahamian goat floating in some Dr. HyVee?
IMG_2087_zpspjlckxbj.jpg

On second thought, don't settle for that crap. It's really bad. It tastes like it has at least 100% of my daily allowance of permethrin.  :sick: I will be shooting the rest of these with a gun.

Fromagé Grillé Torté de Twispé
(Grilled Cheese. Cake)

• 6 pieces of white bread buttered on one side
• 4 Slices Muenster Cheese
• 4 Slices Tillamook Cheddar
• 4 Slices American Cheese
• 1 Fresh Peño
• 4 Slices Fresh Tomato
• Pickled Jalapeño wheels
• 2 Cans SpaghettiO's™

Layer 1: American Cheese with Fresh sliced Jalapeños Grilled on bread with butter
Layer 2: SpaghettiOs
Layer 3: Muenster Cheese with fresh Tomato Grilled on bread with butter
Layer 4: SpaghettiOs
Layer 5: Cheddar Cheese with Pickled Peños Grilled on bread with butter
Layer 6: SpaghettiOs

Layer. Eat with Fork. Enjoy.

Bugger off.

104_1371.JPG

104_1373.JPG

104_1380.JPG

104_1387.JPG

104_1385.JPG