• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Cheesy Weekends I & II

Breakfast (includes breakfast sandwiches)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
All I can say is WOW!

Talk about ending the year with a bang!

cheese_gun.jpg

That was FUN!

Remember when voting, it's all bout the CHEESE!

Per rules page this will be a 4 day poll. THEN, a 48 hour for BEST OVERALL!

(This will officially open for votes in 1 hr but counts against the time. This is a preview to make sure the poll is correct. If there are any mistakes please PM me asap!)

Breakfast was hardest for me to pick. There were some great entries there. Paulky's sammich just looked great with "buns" though. Would love it on a hangover morning.

Masher....great first entry! That sammich looked great. Pastrami is hard for me to pass up.

I voted for my entree. It was so damn good. Put me in a cheese coma.

TC's cannoli had me wishing I had one. I love cannolis. Just have to drive over a half hour if I want a good one, so that doesn't happen often.

Good job to everyone that participated too. I had to go back and look over a bunch of entries before making my picks.

Several of these seemed more like dishes with cheese than cheese focused dishes but even those would have been worthy contenders were the brief slightly different. So many great entries, it was quite hard to choose.

And Paulky, put more effort into your write-ups. That "Spicy Something Something" looks gorgeous but I just can't get behind a dish when the creator has no interest in it.

I really like the homemade mac n cheese, making the damn mac from scratch, and the perfect creamy consistency with crusty exterior, to me, that is how you serve it, too many times it's either all creamy, or a dense brick. That is all for now. Props to hot stuff, he needs a crown already.

I really liked Ozzy's and really was gonna vote for him, but I flat refuse to vote for anybody that votes for themselves.

Exception:
*unless the entrant waits until the very last minute, then votes for themselves to break a tie. Not, right out of the gate.

:runsoutoftheroomtoavoidrottentomatoes: :holdsupmiddlefingeronmywayout:

I voted the enchiladas because of the work that went into it....in hindsight i feel the mac and cheese and the six cheese stuffed shells were the best cheese dishes.

Unfortunately they both are tough dishes to showcase with a camera....the melted cheese bowls looked great but i wanted more effort in creation over presentation.

It was a fun gig...thanks for letting me participate.

Good luck all :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back