• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Suggestions on what i should grow this coming season

My favorite peppers that ive tasted/grown to give an idea what i like are: devils tongue, jays peach ghost scorpion, carolina reapers and orange habs from grocery stores. I cant stand a strong floral/chemical taste. I mainly eat my peppers raw mixed with my food. The habs i grew this year the floral taste was so strong it overpowered the rest of the ingredients in my food and its all i could taste. So any suggestions on peppers that are similiar to what i mentioned above.

Orange Habs are so much nicer fresh off the plant. Fatalii are similar to Devil's Tongue IIRC, though I've never had the latter. Try them white if you can. Also, Cherry Bombs are a bit milder but have the kind of fruitiness you can only get from peppers (not the acidic chinense sort) but are so sweet it comes to ever so slightly resemble the cherry it's named after. Would definitely recommend if you like Reapers and Orange Habs but would also enjoy something sweeter and milder.

rlslmshdy said:
One that im thinking about is 7pot burgandy
I have seeds for that but limited grow space, sell me on it.

Also, speaking of 7-Pots, the Brainstrain is a personal favourite. Vaguely Reaper-like, vaguely berry flavoured, definitely potent and tasty.

Im considering the 7pot burgandy because of all the favorable reviews ive seen online about it.
The devils tongue ive grown are yellow. I grew red fatallis wasnt one of my favorites.

rlslmshdy said:
Im considering the 7pot burgandy because of all the favorable reviews ive seen online about it.
The devils tongue ive grown are yellow. I grew red fatallis wasnt one of my favorites.
I can't speak for red Fatalii, I've only grown yellow and bought white.
The yellow ones were a little Hab-like to me, with a touch of something lemon-like. Very crunchy. The white were less thick and tasted strangely like if clotted cream was a plant. Apparently no one else has had that experience with them though so it may just be an oddity of that one vendor's stock.

spicefreak said:
I can't speak for red Fatalii, I've only grown yellow and bought white.
The yellow ones were a little Hab-like to me, with a touch of something lemon-like. Very crunchy. The white were less thick and tasted strangely like if clotted cream was a plant. Apparently no one else has had that experience with them though so it may just be an oddity of that one vendor's stock.

The red Fatalii are my favorite of the strain, also a fan of the Red Devil's tongue but of the two I usually go for the Red Fatalii as the plant is a better producer for me overall. 

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
why don't ya grow some Pubes  :party:

I'm hooked lol. I just ate some of my yellows on some fish and chicken tacos and they were off the hook. I diced them up and gave generous portions as a topping on the tacos and the flavor and heat were great. In fact is was hotter than expected.

Plus its the middle of December and I'm eating fresh rocotto peppers while all other plants are either dead or done producing.

i love my winter time pubes off the indoor peppers !

just harvested these off the overwinters yesterday, few different pubes in there :D
w0ZhxDl.jpg

:cheers: 

rlslmshdy said:
One that im thinking about is 7pot burgandy

If you're looking for a non-floral chinense, the 7pot burgundy is a great choice. Hot paper lantern habs are another good one. None of that gross, soapy flavor like orange habs at all. Caribbean red habs and most Scotch bonnets are right up there too.

Scotch bonnets are a good choice, less chinense flavor than habs.
Chocolate hab is a very good choice for the same reason plus it has a slight smoky-frutiness undertone that works raw, cooked, sauced, or dried. Can't go wrong.

I've grown so many super hots, that now exploring things like Trinidad Scorpion Sweet and perfume feels like I am starting a whole new thing.  Things I can honestly enjoy right off the plant or with a blue cheese dip.

Tried Aji Cristal and Aji Cito this year didnt like them that well. Im definitely trying the 7pot burgandy. Think ill take the suggestion and try Paper lantern.
Im gonna try ordering seeds from refining fire chiles. Any other good websites for seeds. This is my first time starting from seeds. Ive always just ordered plants from chileplants.com
I really loved Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion.

Back