• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Newbie growing peppers

Hey fellow pepper growers,

First let me say I started out impatient and started growing any peppers I found at the grocery store. Let's just say I lost track on what's what lol. Since I messed up I've been searching to help I.D my no named peppers. I started ordering super hots I.E. Carolina reaper, scotch bonnet, scotch bonnett jonahs7, brain strain, ghost ,more like that.

Main reason of my post is IM using a t5 6bulb 54watt 6500k bulbs and everything is doing ok but I was wondering if I should use my 6500k 400watt metal halide system or my 2000k 1000watt hps system.

Im using Happy frog soil and I have some in hydro using FoxFarm fertilizer.. I'm noticing the hydro ones are drooping more then the ones in soil. Do I need a bigger air stone?

New2peppers said:
Hey fellow pepper growers,

First let me say I started out impatient and started growing any peppers I found at the grocery store. Let's just say I lost track on what's what lol. Since I messed up I've been searching to help I.D my no named peppers. I started ordering super hots I.E. Carolina reaper, scotch bonnet, scotch bonnett jonahs7, brain strain, ghost ,more like that.

Main reason of my post is IM using a t5 6bulb 54watt 6500k bulbs and everything is doing ok but I was wondering if I should use my 6500k 400watt metal halide system or my 2000k 1000watt hps system.

Im using Happy frog soil and I have some in hydro using FoxFarm fertilizer.. I'm noticing the hydro ones are drooping more then the ones in soil. Do I need a bigger air stone?

:welcome:

The T5 you have is just fine...tons of growers here using 2 bulb T5's for growing starters before putting outside once temps allow in the spring.

I use a 2' 2bulb for germinating and first weeks of growing, then switch to 4' 4 bulb 6500K until they are ready to go outside.

There are growers here using T5 lighting getting pods using aero gardens and similar set ups.

Peppers decide when to start fruiting on their own, so the MH/HPS isn't the same as what you probably use that for  ;)

Check out the growing forum...there have been threads about using HID lighting HM/HPS systems.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I'm just excited and want to make sure I'm doing everything right. I have some seeds that just germinated if anyone these and lives in columbus Ohio that wants any Ghost, red habanero, yellow bell peppers. Their still in the paper towel lol.

Pm me

Back