• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Looking for Carolina Reaper Yellow seeds

Hi,

I'm looking for Yellow Carolina Reaper seeds [or white/chocolate if that even exists].
Found a few stores, but I'm pretty confused.

Fatalii: "These seeds will turn into third generation plants, so it’s not stable variety yet. But still, these plants turned out to be more stable than the original, red ones." - F3 seeds, why is it called a yellow Carolina?
Reimerseeds: "This pepper is a cross between a Ghost Pepper and a Golden Habanero Pepper" - afaik Carolina Reaper is a Bhut/Red Habanero cross.
Peppersbymail: "Stands to reason there would be also much thought that the yellow Carolina Reaper is a rebranded yellow 7 Pot Primo.  The battle between the two red peppers rages on.  But we have found this yellow strain to be much smaller and more likely to have the slender tail than any of the yellow 7 Pot Primos we have grown." - maybe these seeds are really Yellow Primos?
Tradewindsfruit: "The rare, yellow fruited variant of the famously hot Carolina Reaper." - that's not much info.
Pepperjoe: "Try this Yellow cousin!" - well, that doesn't even look like a Reaper.
The Holy Ghost Chili Pepper co.: "The Yellow Reaper Seeds are from one of my Reaper Plants that just happened to grow all yellow pods this year. I cannot make guarantees or percentage guesses on if the next generation will be yellow, however the chances are certainly decent." - maybe a mutation, maybe the original seeds were not isolated.

There are some other vendors, but you get my point.

Any thoughts or suggestions? :)

peppersbymail.com will do you right..

what he is saying is that there are people who believe the reaper IS just a primo that was just giving a new name when it rated so high in heat, to make that persons line standout... he is not saying his might be primos,he is saying people think all reapers are primos... if AJDREW lists them as yellow reapers you can take it to the bank that they are as close to what youre looking for that you will find...

If you need clarification you can simply ask him... he is on here... username AJDREW

Might want to ask about shipping to hungary too.. i know shipping is included for US orders but im guessing it costs more to ship overseas and i dont know if he has international shipping set up or not... nice guy, talk to him...

Thanks a lot for your reply! :)
I know he ment that many believed that Carolinas are Primos, but he wrote "We acquired our original seed stock from a dealer in Italy a year or so after the official release of the red Carolina Reaper.". I didn't understand if he got the red ones, and it is a mutation, or a cross, or got the yellow ones, but will ask him, thanks again for the info! :)

+1 Peppersbymail. As said, he is an easily accessible member here. And I'm guessing his Italian source is the same as Nigels. IMO Nigel is the most trusted reviewer.

https://youtu.be/ApK3K6GH-kI

Im not sure any of the yellow reaper strains came as anomalies from red reapers.. the one place claims one of their reapers suddenly grew all yellow pods..thats not how it happens.. thats a yellow pod plant from seed... could just be yellow primo seed it started from.. im pretty sure all yellow reapers are their own separate lineage and not from a red reaper bush that put out a rare yellow pod... but i could be wrong...

Also, for your referrence, Ed Currie's latest story on the Reaper's ancestry is that its parents are the "Pakistani Naga" and the "Sweet Habanero". Whether the latter of those exists I do not know but the former is something that noone in this community has ever heard of. It may be a misquote of some kind but the papers seem pretty consistent in their naming of it, despite the common Bhuts and Nagas originating in Nagaland, Assam, India.

Regarding your assertation in the first post, Bhuts are Ghosts (Nagas are too but there might be a difference, IDK) but Golden and Red are clearly not synonymous. It could be your mix up, their mix up, their source's mix up, Ed's intentional mix up (there is skepticism as to whether any version of his claims of lineage are true) or the company re-breeding colour variants of the Reaper's supposed parents to create a new pepper. We just down't know.

yeah i think ed is just throwing people off... i dont see any of the cross claims that have gone around creating a pepper that looks like the reaper... its very small, bumpy, and those tails... none of which the parent claims show traits of... i really doubt it was just the perfect cross to create a completely different pepper than the parents... thats some xmen shit... im more along the believers of trait inbreeding through generations on the primos... kinda like butch t's reaper... comes from ed curries line, but selectively propagated by butch... im sure its different from the original and id bet hotter with how ocd butch seems to be about his propagations...

Bummer, no luck.
I don't know, is it possible that somebody would buy 2 packets of Carolina Reaper Seed Collection and ship it to me?
There is a coupon code 'morphine' which gives 25% off, so the total would be $15.
Of course I would pay the shipping to Hungary (can't be that much), and give 1 packet out of the 8 to whoever would do it for me.

R014ND3R said:
Bummer, no luck.
I don't know, is it possible that somebody would buy 2 packets of Carolina Reaper Seed Collection and ship it to me?
There is a coupon code 'morphine' which gives 25% off, so the total would be $15.
Of course I would pay the shipping to Hungary (can't be that much), and give 1 packet out of the 8 to whoever would do it for me.

i could do that for you ,  

let me know

From what I gather, Butch's Scorpion was roughly 200KSHU hotter than the original strain from which it was bred but still paled in comparison to the later Moruga strain which still holds Guinness' second place spot.

From what I hear, the Apocalypse is to the Moruga what the Butch T was to the original and took ten years to produce. Whether it's actually noticeably hotter is unclear but it sure looks distinct from its Moruga base and apparently has a ton of flavour.

Has anyone grown out any of these yellow Reaper seeds? I'm curious to know how stable they are, I might have to grow them next season!

Even the Red reaper is still unstable and puts out many shapes... Take your easiest/cheapest option (a trade with thp folks maybe?) and have fun, trying to find 'reliable' sources for highly unstable crosses is a waste of time.

Datil

I don't have problems with the red ones. I bought my first seeds directly from Ed in 2012 and this year all my plants produced the same shapes. Maybe I am just lucky. :)
I've ordered yellow/chocolate variants from 2 sources, will find out if they are really Reapers in summer (I don't expect much).

Jeffcontonio said:
My opinion (which means very little) is that the reaper is Not a primo, but it's genetics came from the primo.

But hey, opinions are like butt holes. Every one has one, and they often stink lol

There was a Capsaicinoid concentration test posted here shortly after I joined that showed a definite difference in the strength of the two chillies but, IIRC, fairly close relative concentrations of the different compounds. To me, at least, that suggests that the two are distinct but it certainly doesn't rule out a relation. You may well be right.

Back