• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Suggestions and Ideas Needed to Set-up Indoor Grow Area

Hi.  :hi:
My property is in a very urban area with little usable, outdoor growing area  :banghead: . On my 2nd floor I have an outdoor porch (6' x 12' x 8') that would be perfect; receives only limited sunlight though. My wish is to construct a small enclosed indoor greenhouse equipped with all necessary components , viz., lights, temperature/moisture regulator, vents, et. al. I'd need enough space for several varieties of peppers and would like to include some herbs & tomatoes as well. I am soliciting  :pray: for ideas  :idea:  and suggestions for the set-up (FYI: this is on a limited budget  :!: ). I can partially enclose and convert the aforementioned porch as long as heating requirements are not exorbitant during the winter months. Otherwise, I have space in my basement (no natural light), Against the windows in the living room area (limited natural light. Or in one of my spare rooms; very limited natural light. Easiest would be if I can find an affordable kit with everything included. If anyone can provide a link to buy such please do. If that's not an option then suggestions, ideas and links to needed equipment will also be appreciated. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity. I look forward to further correspondence.  :welcome:   

people are gonna get annoyed with this copy paste thing...may want to edit your welcome thread inthe welcome section to a simple hello...multiple identical threads is a big no no... just be patient and people will get to you... it is xmas after all.. people are busy...

You need a decent light and a fan.  Peppers don't need an uber controlled environment.

Get a cheap LED grow light off of Amazon, somewhere in the neighborhood of 300W with UV. (maybe one for every 3 plants you intend to grow)

Air circulation is your best friend, after the light.

Thank you. Appreciate the feedback. Not really a 'social media' guy so am ignorant to many of what passes for norms & and standards in most imaginary, online collectives - much prefer the real world and just want to grow some peppers - please continue to enlighten me and excuse any faux pas I unintentionally commit within virtual reality. Be assured that while I may err, if the error is pointed-out to me it will not reoccur. I'm in no hurry. If anyone chooses to assist me I welcome the help and if not I'm still okay. Peppers aren't that complicated.

well ill leave it up to others to decide if they want to help someone so obviously passive aggressive... ill give my imaginary virtual uncomplicated pepper knowledge to those who need it as you obviously just asked a question cause you had free time... now that ive helped you again and pointed out a second of your faux pas, im all helped out and will just add you to the blocked list.. there are others here more accepting of rude people... good luck to you

JUR-Z-Devil said:
well ill leave it up to others to decide if they want to help someone so obviously passive aggressive... ill give my imaginary virtual uncomplicated pepper knowledge to those who need it as you obviously just asked a question cause you had free time... now that ive helped you again and pointed out a second of your faux pas, im all helped out and will just add you to the blocked list.. there are others here more accepting of rude people... good luck to you

Wow, aren't you a proper piece of work...

That's a nice way of saying that you're a dick.  I don't think there was any response that should have triggered your little episode right there.  Call your doctor, and tell him/her that it's happening again.

solid7 said:

Wow, aren't you a proper piece of work...
That's a nice way of saying that you're a dick.  I don't think there was any response that should have triggered your little episode right there.  Call your doctor, and tell him/her that it's happening again.

well I wouldnt expect you to realize when someones being a douche since its your go to as well... you may want to go back to school or simply get off your computer and communicate with people in real life to figure out when your being insulted in a passive aggressive manor... instead of trying to be cool in this "virtual imaginary uncomplicated" community dumbass... you are thick... if you seriously think someone speaks using terms like "virtual" underlined... imaginary community, and "enlighten me" as normal speaking patterns and not as passive aggressive insults you are an even bigger mental midget than i took you for the first interaction we had where you told me im wrong and things dont work on shit i have done and seen with my own two eyes... although i think you get the issue here you just like to try starting shit when you can... dont have time for people like you... In multiple threads i see you being a total douche and then accusing others for taking shots at you etc when your the one being a complete tool... most times telling people they are wrong on things you never even tried but are somehow an expert on... unlike you and most 12 year old girls on their first period, i just read right by and leave you to your own conversation... none of my business... ill just add you to the blocked list too cause i dont have time for douche bags that jump into other peoples conversations... Our conversation was over and i walked away.. from you and this guy but you have a boner for me and stalk my posts... You also seem to be quite knowledgeable of mental illness the way you point out other peoples needs for doctors because of certain writing traits they may or may not have... If your not a doctor yourself we all now know where you get such knowledge... You are dismissed...

JUR-Z-Devil said:

well I wouldnt expect you to realize when someones being a douche since its your go to as well... you may want to go back to school or simply get off your computer and communicate with people in real life to figure out when your being insulted in a passive aggressive manor... instead of trying to be cool in this "virtual imaginary uncomplicated" community dumbass... you are thick... if you seriously think someone speaks using terms like "virtual" underlined... imaginary community, and "enlighten me" as normal speaking patterns and not as passive aggressive insults you are an even bigger mental midget than i took you for the first interaction we had where you told me im wrong and things dont work on shit i have done and seen with my own two eyes... although i think you get the issue here you just like to try starting shit when you can... dont have time for people like you... In multiple threads i see you being a total douche and then accusing others for taking shots at you etc when your the one being a complete tool... most times telling people they are wrong on things you never even tried but are somehow an expert on... unlike you and most 12 year old girls on their first period, i just read right by and leave you to your own conversation... none of my business... ill just add you to the blocked list too cause i dont have time for douche bags that jump into other peoples conversations... Our conversation was over and i walked away.. from you and this guy but you have a boner for me and stalk my posts... You also seem to be quite knowledgeable of mental illness the way you point out other peoples needs for doctors because of certain writing traits they may or may not have... If your not a doctor yourself we all now know where you get such knowledge... You are dismissed...

Hahahaha

Are you sure that you didn't leave anything out? 

That's a lot of words and so little said!

This is better posted in "Grow Tech" where:  Discuss lights, heaters, irrigation systems, greenhouses, and DIY solutions. Show off your inventions!

Back