• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hot Stuff's 2017 glog

Starting the Chinense and Bacattum today with a good soak overnight. Jello Shot cups work really well as mini green houses for germination. I'll put a damp piece of napkin on the bottom tomorrow and the seeds on top. Then off to someplace warm.

hot stuff said:
Starting the Chinense and Bacattum today with a good soak overnight. Jello Shot cups work really well as mini green houses for germination. I'll put a damp piece of napkin on the bottom tomorrow and the seeds on top. Then off to someplace warm.
What are you soaking them in? And after removing the liquid and adding the paper towel, will you place it under light or just somewhere warm?

You gon learn today!

I use 1 shot of hydrogen peroxide to 9 parts water. I put them somewhere warm but when they start sprouting I put a light on them. I put them in dirt in my seed tray once they cast off their heads.

Looks like your going to have a whole mess of plants.  The only chinense seeds that I want to grow a few plants of, is some 2011 Trinidad Scorpion Cardi.  I 
don't know if I will be able to get them to germinate, but I'm going to give it a go.   Good luck with your grow.  I love it when it's time to start pepper seeds. :hi:

My grow list so far:
Scotch Bonnet MOA,
7 pot burgundy,
Yellow Brainstrain,
cgn 22871,
Bahamian Goat,
Butch-T,
Datil,
Charleston Hot,
Ethiopian Fire,
Primo,
Hontanaka,
Goat Weed,
Chocolate Brainstrain,
Fish,
India RC-1,
Moruga,
Catacamus Hot,
Island Hellfire,
Reaper,
Aji Cito,
Carbonero

Best of luck in 2017!  I always like reading everyone's grow list.  You always find a couple of new one's you never heard of.  Like what the hay is a Hontanaka or an Island Hellfire??  They sound awesome, though...

Great seed-germinating system, HS!

Will be waiting to see pics of how that turns out.

bpiela said:
Best of luck in 2017!  I always like reading everyone's grow list.  You always find a couple of new one's you never heard of.  Like what the hay is a Hontanaka or an Island Hellfire??  They sound awesome, though...
Hontanka is a Japanese chili. Kind of like a cayenne I guess.

Island Hellfire is similar to a Tabasco.
mas_fuego said:
Where is the "some place warm" you will keep these?

You gon learn today!
On the cabinet over the stove.

I like the frutescens as well.  One that did awesome for me last season is the Cabai Burong Ungu.  I put some seeds on the Trump Seed Train.  Make sure to get some if you haven't grown it already...  I look forward to seeing your plants this season.

Stealing your seed germination method as it is genius with those containers.  Nice idea!  Last year and this year I just threw them in the dirt...had 0/10 chocolate scorpions germinate (which was the one I was most looking forward to growing...got seeds from the hippy seed company) as well as pimenta de neyde and big mustard mama but all the rest worked.  I'm thinking it was due to contaminated soil so this solves that.  I have done the paper towel in the baggy thing but it's a little cumbersome compared to this.

Still waiting for some germination. Well there are a couple of root beginnings. Nothing photogenic yet.

BSH said:
Stealing your seed germination method as it is genius with those containers.  Nice idea!  Last year and this year I just threw them in the dirt...had 0/10 chocolate scorpions germinate (which was the one I was most looking forward to growing...got seeds from the hippy seed company) as well as pimenta de neyde and big mustard mama but all the rest worked.  I'm thinking it was due to contaminated soil so this solves that.  I have done the paper towel in the baggy thing but it's a little cumbersome compared to this.
I've done this the last 5 years since I found the jello shot cups in Wally World. Before I'd use plastic cups and put plastic wrap, but this is more contained, a lot less space.

Sounds like a tried and true method, Guillaume.  If my Jiffy propagators
ever go belly up, I'd give that a try...

Hope you are seeing some more results.

Back