• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Why are the leaves of this seedling curling?

MarcV

Extreme Member
Does anyone know why the leaves of my aji pineapple seedling are curling like this? It's the only seedling that has the issue.
Would it be a good idea to start a new plant and throw this one out? It looks like the small leaves that are appearing will do the same...

P1000906.jpg

Various forms of leaf curl have been discussed hundreds of times with as many members offering advice, type leaf curl in the Search box upper right of this page and click on the magnifying glass. You'll note that the pix vary in the severity of curling as much as the solutions to fix it.

What I'm posting is I haven't a clue what the problem is nor the exact remedy to fix, sorry.

I decided to throw this plant out and start a new one...

MarcV said:
I decided to throw this plant out and start a new one...

It looks like your light is too hot or too close. Possibly a light hot spot. or it could just be specific plant issue. Discarding was probably the best solution.

My aji amarillos started curling--ALL of them. They are right next to two moruga scorpions that are the picture of health but at least 3 inches shorter.

I raised the light 10 inches and mist the peppers often with straight water. Problem resolved in 3 short days.

I don't think it's the light. I use T8 grolux lamps and there was at least 10cm / 4" distance between the plant and the lamps.

We'll see what the new seedlings do :)

Back