• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2017!!!

Well it's 2017. Finally! Last year was a success, as far as the ground plants were concerned. Virgin, clay ground. My Chinese got smacked by hail twice! No room for error with those. Out of 12 plants I got ONE BBG. First and only. That variety is cursed. Tried for the past 3 years and some sort of calimity happens.

This year I decided to try 21+ different varieties of the BBG. I have 9 Reaper crosses. 21 and counting other varieties. I built a hoophouse and some COB led's. Planning on getting them outside in March sometime. That might be a delusion, beings I'm in Colorado. We shall see. There is only a few varieties that I've grown before. The rest are all new. I'm planning on isolating most of them.

Just started some Lemon Drops for Throwdown Growdown. I will wait a couple weeks before I start the others. Everything needs to be in order before I germinate. No turning back at that point. I want two plants from most varieties. Plants need to be woody by ground day. That's the only way I have a chance at success with late maturity varieties. If I have extras, I'll give away to my friends of THP.

My list is growing, but not much. Here is some of the varieties that made the cut.

Naga BBG (Red)
Chocolate BBG
Orange BBG (ISO)
BBG x PDN
Tobago Treasure x BBG
Red Gum Tiger Mamp
BBG Peach Ghost Jami
BBG Cluster
BBG Yellow (large)
BBG Scorpion
Aji Jobito x BBG
Red Gum Nagabrain Tiger Mamp
Peach Bhut BBG
BBG Apocalypse
Bhutla x BBG
Srtsl x BBG
7pot Lava Chocolate x BBG
Bleeding Borg9
Tommy Gum
Orange Naga BBG
Peach Naga BBG

Reaper x Red Mayan Habanero
Reaper x Yellow Scorpion
Reaper x Purple Bhut
Reaper x Pimenta
Reaper x Peach Bhut
Naga Reaper
Brainstrain x Reaper
Sepia Reaper x Neyde
ButchT x Reaper

Congo x ButchT
Peach Ghost Scorpion x Primo
Apocalypse Scorpion
Black Bhutlah Scorpion
Primo
Chocolate Primo
Baby Morich
Scorpion XXX (Holiday)
Fidalgo Roxa x Grao De Bode
Nagabon
BOC (Gary)
Andy's King BOC
Bhut Peach
Jigsaw x Habanero
Giant Trinidad Scorpion (Randy)
Taba Naga
Perfect red Bhut (Rick)
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw (Jukka)
Scotch Brain (ISO)
Naga Brain Yellow
Rocato (Chinese) (Jukka)

3Way Caribbean Red
4Way Caribbean Red
Foodarama
Sicman's Mystery (Red, Purple Spots) (Jason)
SB7J (UFO) (Justin)
Venezuela Tiger x SRTSL
Mustard Moruga Brain
Black Panther
Aji Lemondrop
Aji Pineapple
Aji Amarillo
Sadabahar
Chi-Chien
Goats Weed

Thanks for stopping by. Wish you all the best of luck in 2017.

tctenten said:
Great list Chuck. Best of luck this year.
You too. Thanks!
moruga welder said:
Great list bro , I wish you the best of luck !
Thanks Frank! I know your arm will be back to normal by Spring. I'll wish you the best of luck as well. Don't think you need it. LOL
Devv said:
Best of luck this year Chuck!

Every season I see better and better results from the cold north ;)
Thanks Scott! I can't take all of the credit. You and Rick took me under your wings when I first joined. I've learned a lot about soil and beating the cold.
sicman said:
Strong and healthy grow my friend.
Thanks Jason. That means a bunch coming from you. Since your hear. Did you come up with a name for your Mystery? As of now it's just SicMan's Mystery.
catherinew said:
Best of weather for your 2017 season. Nice list of peppers.
Thanks Jane. You too. Us fellow Coloradans have challenges for sure.
Thanks you all. I had to do a edit. Forgot 14 varieties. Damn, I thought the list looked a little short.

jcw10tc said:
Nice list, but I think you need a few more bbgs seems you forgot some maybe.  HAHA.  Good luck, sure to get more than one this year.
Thanks Justin! I was looking on your website last night. I think your right my friend. Might have to get some more.
Trident chilli said:
Chuck very well organised to have your list of peppers ready to publish .... Wishing you all the very best for 2017 lets hope for you its hail free and warm
Thanks John! That means a bunch coming from you. I hope to continue the organization. Thanks for the good vibes.

az1000 said:
Nice list! Good luck with them!
Thanks AZ!

FreeportBum said:
Great list, looking forward to following your upcoming season. Cheers 
Thanks FB! Likewise. I really like the BBG crosses. Some amazing crosses the past few years. I was actually on Midwest chile site and seen a couple varieties of your creation. My list may get bigger.

dragonsfire said:
Wowww great list ! :)
Thanks Neil!

Back