• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hot Cherry Peppers

Does anyone grow Hot Cherry Peppers? My wife asked me last year to grow some for pickling. Do you have a recommendation on where to find seeds? 

Any input is appreciated! 

Malarky said:
I'd like to try these. Not sure about their heat level, but they're C. baccatum so I'm sure the flavor is great!

I grew Trepadiera do Werner last year.  Great pepper, starts white ends red not too much heat.  The pods are smaller than a Cherry Pepper, size of a quarter at best.

bpiela said:

I grew Trepadiera do Werner last year.  Great pepper, starts white ends red not too much heat.  The pods are smaller than a Cherry Pepper, size of a quarter at best.

Any significant flavor/heat changes as the color changes? Or best eaten Red?

Brazilian Starfish are nice for your intentions as well.  

Pimenta Barra do Ribiero is another good choice.  I grew a plant last year.  Thirty inches tall in a pot and loaded with delicious peppers.  They transition through beautiful colors on their way to red.
They are probably much like T do W.

cone9 said:
Brazilian Starfish are nice for your intentions as well.  

Pimenta Barra do Ribiero is another good choice.  I grew a plant last year.  Thirty inches tall in a pot and loaded with delicious peppers.  They transition through beautiful colors on their way to red.
They are probably much like T do W.

That's a great photo!

Update: I just got home from vacation and my Cherry Pepper seeds are here!

Back