• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv-2017-Having a good time in the dirt

Another season has come and gone. Time to start a new one!

Although I did already a few weeks ago :shh: . After last years dismal (late) start I jumped in a bit early to insure I could have viable plants come dirt day. I can always cut them back, if I need to. I have to compile a list yet, but I'm growing the full spectrum. Sweets, to supers, based upon what we will actually use. Most of my list is to make LB happy; I'm really glad to see her infuse peppers in more and more dishes. Can't beat that when the wife takes interest ;)

1.jpg

Not the best pic; but the shelf is being sketchy, and I don't need all the babies bouncing off the floor.

Good luck to all this season :party:

Looks good Scott. Best of luck with the season. I'm going with your advice. Woody plants before they hit dirt. I think that makes a huge difference in the quality of health of plants, as well as pod production. No more stragglers. LOL!

I see the BOC in the back ground. You will not be disappointed in that one. I wish I could grow ten of those. Really excited to grow that and the Scotchbrain.

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'm really excited about this season as you can see by the early start ;)

And Chuck, a BOC and a ScotchBrain have popped. Thanks for the seeds!

Here's the list in no special order:

MoA
BOC
Urfa Bieber
Aji Lemmon Drop
JigHab
Poblano
Purple Jalapeno
Jalapeno
Big Black Mama
JA Hab
Jalmundo
Hatch
Jimmy Nardello
Pimenta de Neyde
Red Manzano
Tigermamp
Bahamian Goat
Billy Biker
ScotchBrain
Carolina Reaper
Gochu
Kurts (I'd have to look up the full name)
White Bhut
Large Orange Thai
Naga Brain F5
Aji Dulce
Aji Amarillo
Aji Largo
Guatemalan Red Rocoto
Yellow Rocoto
Aji Oro
Mini Rocotto Red.

I think that's everything ;)

Plantguy76 said:
Looking good Scott nice list you have there & seedlings well on there way.
Best of luck to you an your season with this jump should be a long one

Thanks!

Last season I was lacking enthusiasm getting things going until I reached HCM (holy crap mode) and then it was too late for a decent spring garden. NOT happening this season!

Datil said:
Looking good!
It's never too early, you can only be late...and regret.

Good luck for 2017!

Datil

Thanks!

And you got that right, a hard lesson learned last season. It wound up to be a 12 months season..LOL. But I got a few here in the last of it.

Good luck on your grow!
bpiela said:
Nice list!  Best of luck in 2017.  I will definitely be following!

Thanks Bill!I

I'm wishing a stellar season for you!

PaulG said:
Whoa!  You have starts already   :party:

I feel small and insignificant   :mope:

LOL Paul.

I'm shooting for a spring only season; and I want wood on the plants come April 1st. A 12 month garden is too much; I have the honey-do's all kinds of backed up at the moment ;)

So yesterday I scored a 6 yard load of FREE mulch from the county. And today a pickup truck load of bagged leaves; I bring the cleanup crews produce, they save me the leaves ;)  I also have about 35 gallons of homemade charcoal to run through the chipper along with the leaves and mulch. The soil building is never ending, well hopefully one day.

You Texans. Spend a couple seasons in MY climate zone, you'll embrace the 12 month growing season with a death grip!!

Take a weekend and go to Kerrville in May. That'll give you a grow perspective.

Dammit.

OCD Chilehead said:
Looking good my friend. Sounds like you have a plan.

Will you pull the plants in the late Spring? Maybe cover crop?

Thanks Chuck ;)

I'll let them fade away once they're done around mid summer and take a break :shh:  I skipped the cover crops due to digging that 20x5x2' deep hugel bed. I never worked too hard but some how wound up aggravating an old scapular injury :rolleyes:  Now dealing with the nerve pain...BUT...you never slow down you never grow old, or die..LOL

stettoman said:
You Texans. Spend a couple seasons in MY climate zone, you'll embrace the 12 month growing season with a death grip!!

Take a weekend and go to Kerrville in May. That'll give you a grow perspective.

Dammit.

Well I'm a transplanted Yankee from New York, so I embrace the 12 months ;)

That's why when I could I escaped, and never looked back :party:

Back