• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Joe's 2017 Grow

And so it begins again.

This is my second year of growing peppers, but my first year starting from seed.  I am germinating my seeds in rock wool cubes, and onto a heat mat they go.

My list so far is

Aji Lemon Drop x3 
Bhut Orange Copenhagen x3
Moruga Scorpion x2
Yaki Blue Fawn x2
Fatalli Yellow x2
Chocolate Habanero x2
7Pot Primo, Yellow x2

Aji Jobito x2
Aji Delight x2
Trinidad Sweets x2
NuMex Suave Orange x2

5943C491-159F-40CE-A49F-72229475F31B_zpsaz8wqzb2.jpg

I also have a couple plants that i overwintered.

5971E57A-9E0F-4CA1-97B5-8658929205C8_zpsqy6jjshx.jpg

Nov 25th, dug up my "Reaper", pruned it back to bare stems, and put in a WaterFarm type bucket.

53AAA173-C74D-4233-A6EB-9AC14D616888_zpstyhgavzl.jpg

This is what it looks like today.

As well I saved a Ghost,
D03F8602-1B94-4112-9B2A-7532D4570A15_zps2eyufwtg.jpg

Dug up and replanted Dec 1.

12843D65-AB71-41AE-96FB-989781E69E1F_zpsbyesprz7.jpg

The Ghost today.

I also have a package coming from CAPCOM, which will have 27 mystery varieties from pepperlover. As well there will be annuums being planted in a couple months time. 

Looking great....keep a close eye on those growdan cubes, they can dry out pretty fast with a heat mat.

OWs really looking nice!

It looks gresat.. awesome to have someone else in vancouver. Your ghost pepper looks amazing...... k cant wait to see everhthing else.... whst your starting soil like.... mine is sunshine #4.... worm castings... humic acid and glacier rock dust and it seems to do wonders... strong babies

I haven't really thought too much about soil just yet. Last year I used the bales of potting soil that Costco was selling. I think Sea soil was the brand. It seemed to work out pretty good. I have been reading up and may try to build my own potting soil this year.

How are your new seeds germinating, Joe? I haven't tried the
Cosco Sea Soil before, I wonder if it's similar to Fox Farms
Ocean forest?  I say use whatever works for ya!

Ok, so I had the 2 Aji Jobitos pop yesterday and the 2 NuMex Sauve orange pop today.
Still no sign of life from my Lemon Drops though. (PaulG must have hexed them before sending them my way)
IMG_3441.JPG

JoeMay said:
Ok, so I had the 2 Aji Jobitos pop yesterday and the 2 NuMex Sauve orange pop today.
Still no sign of life from my Lemon Drops though. (PaulG must have hexed them before sending them my way)
Glad to see things are popping for you, Joe.

Be patient with the LDs, mine had good germination rate.
I did cast a spell on them, but didn't think it would work   :think:    :crazy:

Yeah some phones detect camera orientation but don't actually edit the pixels of the picture. It just adds a little extra code which tells the phone what orientation the pic is supposed to be in. So in your phone's gallery it shows up fine, in other places unfortunately not. Here's some more info on it.

Going to follow your grow, I like your list. Good luck!

Ok here is an update:

So far I've had the following sprout:

Aji Lemon Drop x3 - All 3 sprouted
Bhut Orange Copenhagen x3 - 0 sprouted
Moruga Scorpion x2 - 1 sprout but i killed it in transplant
Yaki Blue Fawn x2 - 0 sprouted
Fatalli Yellow x2 - 1 sprouted
Chocolate Habanero x2 - 2 sprouted
7Pot Primo, Yellow x2 - 0 sprouted

Aji Jobito x2 - 2 sprouted
Aji Delight x2 - 2 sprouted
Trinidad Sweets x2 - 1 sprouted