• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How do I transplant this pepper?

I grew this pepper using the two-cup method and thinking about transplanting now that the roots are well developed, but dont know how to do it without hurting the roots..
do you guys think I should transplant as is, without removing the plastic cup?

reSpHoi.jpg

Do what you can to save as many roots as possible and tease them apart when you put in new soil.

Removing the roots won't hurt it too much, but those roots all contain starches that the plant put there for a reason. All that energy will come in handy when the plant needs to fight off transplant stress and grow into its new home.

I would cut down the middle and cut off as much plastic as I could with scissors, then plant it leftover plastic n all.

Don't be scared. Just cut the cup top to bottom and a straight line across. Whatever roots get cut or hurt will not affect the overall growth of the plant. Sometimes better not to overthink it and just do it. Trial and error. You will always learn. Either from your mistakes or mine or anyone's else's. Make sure to post an update a few weeks from now. Trust me. You we be alright.

Thanks a lot guys! I've managed to cut without hurting the roots too much and placed it into this pot:

omeLiIK.jpg

it's only been a couple of days since the transplant but I can already tell how fast the plant's growing!

Back