• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Masher 2017 *GLOG*

Hello all...while I couldn't grow every variety of pepper seeds I received I did come up with a nice list for this years 2017 grow.

I was going to start in soil, but I had great results last season with Grodan cubes and I already had them left over.

I started with 2-3 seeds per hole, but midway went with poking extra holes in the cubes to isolate each seed.....I will cut the cubes apart later when transplanting.

There are 2 cubes of the Aji Lemon drop for the 2017 GT, everything else will be grown or gifted depending on success.

The numbers after each variety of pepper is number of seeds sown, I make a final grow decision from what comes up

Aji Lemon drop x5
Rocoto Red x3
Giant choc Hab x4
Sadabahar x4
Cherio Cre'me Hab x4
Choc Moruga x5
Aji Fantasy x4
Aji Crystal x4
Aji Jobito x4
Aji amarillo x4
Choc BBG7 x4
Aleppo x4
Australian Lantern x5
Red Monzano x3
Goatsweed x3
Bishops Crown x4
Cumari Pullux x4
Papa Dreadie Scotch x5
Choc Bhut x5
Thunder Mtn Longhorn x5
Bolsa De Dulce x5
Big Caramel Mama x5
Jays Peach Ghost x3
Nu-Mex Hatch red x3

Happy Growing all and HUGE thanks to THP members: OCD, Immolated, D3monic,Wiriwiri, Hogleg,PaulG,Scovie and JurZdevil for hooking me up for seeds this season. I think that's all of you, i hope i am not forgetting anyone :cheers:

Hey, Dan, those grow cubes look like they work great.  Looks like it's a little easier to
keep the seeds separate from each other in the cubes than with Jiffy Pellets.  
May have to try those someday...

Hope those hooks are a sign of great things to come!

Thanks Paul,

I love the cubes $8 for 45 of them or close to that..I soak them in a gallon of tap water that has been sitting out a week and 4 tsp of Clonex seedling nutes for 20 mins.

Take the cube, give it a couple shakes and put your seeds directly into the cube 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep(I use a chop stick to make the hole first)

Then gently push a little rock wool over hole to close it up...not tight, just enough to make the seed push through for a stronger plant.

the rook wool works great and holding on the seed pod so not much helmet head as well.

Here's a pic update from today..lots of new babies....will be transplanting very soon into soil.

Took the dome off and placed then 4" closer to the T5.

Thanks Paul,

I love the cubes $8 for 45 of them or close to that..I soak them in a gallon of tap water that has been sitting out a week and 4 tsp of Clonex seedling nutes for 20 mins.

Take the cube, give it a couple shakes and put your seeds directly into the cube 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep(I use a chop stick to make the hole first)

Then gently push a little rock wool over hole to close it up...not tight, just enough to make the seed push through for a stronger plant.

The rook wool works great at holding onto the seed pod so not much helmet head as well.

Here's a pic update from today..lots of new babies....will be transplanting very soon into soil.

Took the dome off and placed then 4" closer to the T5.

Back