• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BrooksideSuperhots GLOG 2017

This is a little late but I hope to update once a week.  I started seeds a month ago and have several that have sprouted.  Pics are grow details are on the way.  Going mostly for chocolate, peach and mustard varieties this year.  Here's my list so far:

Chocolate Moruga x2 (OW)
7 Pod Brown (OW)
Chocolate Brain Strain (OW)
CPR (Butch T)
CPR (Moruga Welder)
Chocolate Lava (Duffy)
Chocolate Bhutlah SM
Chocolate Primo (Moruga Welder)
Chocolate BBG7 (Moruga Welder)
Chocolate Scorpion (Duffy)
7 Pot Douglah (White Hot Peppers)
7 Pot Gigantic SR Chocolate (Wicked Mike)
Big Black Mama
CP115
Chocolate Ghost x Jalapeno

Peach Ghost (Wicked Mike)
Peach Naga BBG7 (Duffy)
JPGS (White Hot Peppers)
MRM x 7 pot Brown Peachy x2 (Duffy)
MOA Scotch Bonnet CARDI x2 (Juanitos)
Bahamian Goat x2 (Moruga Welder)
Scotch Brain x2 (Juanitos)

Mustard Moruga Brain (Butch T)
Big Mustard Mama (Duffy)
Bhutlah Black X (White Hot Peppers)

Reaper (my strain - originally Puckerbutt)
Primo "X"
Primo x JPGS x2 (White Hot Peppers)
Ancaster Red Hab
El Jefe Jalapeno x2
BBG7 Large (OW)
Red Brainstrain (White Hot Peppers)
Primo x Butch t f5 (my stabilization project)

Black Scorpion Tongue (THSC)
Chilli Costa Rica Orange (THSC).

Cheers and happy grow season. 

moruga welder said:
very nice list my friend ,   good luck on this years grow !     :party:

Yeah, thanks to your generosity! None of my orange bbg7 sprouted so I overwintered the plant to see if it throws out another one (sorry if your luck was the same). I keep meaning to send you some more varieties but my spare time is non-existent...

BSH said:
Yeah, thanks to your generosity! None of my orange bbg7 sprouted so I overwintered the plant to see if it throws out another one (sorry if your luck was the same). I keep meaning to send you some more varieties but my spare time is non-existent...
Thats o.k. my friend , I don't expect anything in return ,  thats what makes this club a tight knit family !   

frank

For my lighting, I'm using two 25 watt t5 bulbs to start with until I transplant and then switching to the 1000w LED.
7d841bbbb5cc9cff0fa20bafcfa9e961.jpg
4f8ecf8652a70957a4d40ac70c490094.jpg
52fa885500280e3511f5065a4c3077df.jpg
494265dffd9d5b079e3043b0d5c0493d.jpg
c55e27f682baf97ed2b99078613808eb.jpg

I had a massive fungus gnats problem that I had to deal with...Plants got quarantined and hit the soil up with mosquito dunks juice. Haven't seen a gnat in days so I should be able to remove the tape from everything.

I had them under the LED but then dirt a complete dirt swap so they're a little shocked from that but they'll recover. Back under the t5 for now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Good that the gnats are dead.  A yellow sticky trap might
be a good idea just to catch further encroachments and
nip them in the bud.

Good luck this season, BSH!

PaulG said:
Good that the gnats are dead.  A yellow sticky trap might
be a good idea just to catch further encroachments and
nip them in the bud.

Good luck this season, BSH!
Thanks PaulG! Can't find those traps anywhere unfortunately. Too seasonal I guess.

BSH your local hydroponic shop should stock them or will order for you ... plants look nice and healthy ... next time you pot on raise the level of your chosen medium level with the plants lowest set of leaves in turn you will get more roots and a stronger plant rather than a leggy one

Trident chilli said:
BSH your local hydroponic shop should stock them or will order for you ... plants look nice and healthy ... next time you pot on raise the level of your chosen medium level with the plants lowest set of leaves in turn you will get more roots and a stronger plant rather than a leggy one

I never thought of looking there but I'll give it a shot.  Thanks for the tips...will definitely try the soil level suggestion.  I need to get a fan going in there also.  Starting the last of the seeds today also so more pics to come.  The annuums in the picture are dwarfing the chinenses as usual.

BSH said:
Thanks PaulG! Can't find those traps anywhere unfortunately. Too seasonal I guess.
I can only find them in pro grow stores anymore.
None of the regular markets seem to carry them
around here.  Not only that, they are not the same
as the originals which were two-sided and had a
peel-off cover on the adhesive.  Very neat and tidy.
The 'new' ones have only one side coated, and it's
a sticky, gooey mess.  Not an improvement, although
still very effective.  You can order them online.  A Google
search will reveal a lot of sources.

aca01f5b45009f066d3c0719fbf3a4ff.jpg
054817c3f2b707f6b553b50bd508cf70.jpg

Back under the 1000w LED. The manufacturer claims it only uses around 250 watts which works out to 7 bucks a month running it for 12hrs off peak 7pm to 7am. I can handle that. Still no gnats anywhere! Just started the last seeds last night so we're off to the races.

fb4fe550049e3e56d2031a90cd2f5bc8.jpg
2ade00cdbf86539d7a548edcbe753f1b.jpg
3a48219c3f16cb881d41ac02628cb0ac.jpg
5d6ab60e92290b92845610bbabd34881.jpg

Everyone looking healthy and loving the LED. First plant is a black scorpion tongue. The second is a chilli Costa Rica orange...Going to use it for crosses with a chocolate superhot...Goal is black leaves, chocolate pods.

Back