• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Brix's " Semi Wild" 2017

This will be my first ever glog and I personally think it is going to be fairly interesting.
As it is relatively difficult growing peppers in Denmark, I have attempted to find varieties that should be suitable for the cold, short-summered north. Undoubtedly this season will be filled with failures, I have grown very few of my selected varieties, and will be unleashing the majority of the plants in the dirt.
I am still waiting for a couple of seed shipments, by this is my current grow list:

C. Annuum:
Amarillo Chiltepin
Cappuccino Chiltepin
CAP 872
Chiltepin
Goats Weed
Guatemalan Chiltepin
Numex Bailey
Pequin
Siberian House pepper

C. Baccatum:
Lemon Drop
Not Parvifolium
PI238061
PI260567

C. Chacoense
Cobincho

C. Chinense:
Bhut Jolokia
Cumari
Guyanese Wiri Wiri
Orange Habanero (overwinter)
Pimenta Da Neyde (overwinter)

C. Eximium:
Ulupica La Paz

C. Frutescens:
Wild Grove
Aji Bravo

C. Praeterimissum:
CGN 22795
Manchas Pretas

C. Pubescens:
Not Rocoto Marlene (overwinter)
Rocoto San Isidro
Ultra Pube

C. Rhomboideum (overwinter)

Hybrid:
Apache x PDN F1

I can't imagine growing in Denmark! I have enough problems with Florida! Good luck with your grow!

Get those puppies started ASAP!

Nice selection,especially the wilds you have on board...I know your weather is not optimum..all the best  with your grow  season & Happy New Year ;)

That's a great list.  Good for you for not backing off
the challenge to go big or go home!

I'd love to see how you manage the short season there.
I suppose polytunnels and the like are called for?

Good luck and  :welcome: to the forum!

All right, time for a little update. So far I have gotten 67 sprouts from 21 different varieties. I have also added a couple of new varieties, Aji Largo, Black Pearl, CAP 1546, CAP 1141, Cumari Pollux, Locoto, McMahons Texas Bird, Turbo Pube.
I have decided to name (Apache x Pimenta Da Neyde F1), Freke, after Norse mythology. Here's a picture:
01XkOFi.jpg

PaulG said:
That's a great list.  Good for you for not backing off
the challenge to go big or go home!

I'd love to see how you manage the short season there.
I suppose polytunnels and the like are called for?

Good luck and  :welcome: to the forum!

Sorry for the late reply, still learning how to use this forum... No polytunnels, I am going to cut down on the quantity of plants. I am currently thinking 1-2 of the majority of varieties, with exceptions being the most resilient plants, Tepins, Pequins and Pubescents, these plants will hit the dirt come march or may. The more delicate plants are going in smaller pots, so they will at least produce some fruit, and I'll be able to bring them back inside if needed. lastly, a couple of plants are going in my aunt's greenhouses, but I have yet to decide which. The good thing about the danish summer, is the amount of daylight hours (12-17), so the only thing I actually fear is the amount of rain and temperature...

Back