Hello from Maine!!

Hey everyone!!  New to the board.  My name is Dustin, and I'm a Chef living in Maine.  I stumbled across super hots during this past summer when a friend of mine was growing some carolina reapers and ghost peppers in a green house and I bought up all he had.  Made sauces, chutneys, oils, powders, and pickles.  Once he ran out, I purchased some variety packs off the internet and thats when I really got into it.  Yellow reapers, chocolate ghost, fatallis, scorpions, all amazing and all have different flavors.  As a Chef, I am primarily interested in flavor over heat, but I really, reallly like hot stuff.  Maine has a pretty crappy growing season for stuff like peppers, so I began researching indoor growing.  I now have a grow room with a couple butch t's, a red savina, caribean red, 3 carolina reapers, and a handful of fatali jigsaws.  All but the jigsaws are flowering(just planted them) and I expect to have more peppers than I can handle in about a month.  In Maine, in the winter.  I'm pretty excited.  Once I get a round of peppers from these, I plan to cut them back and get them ready to send to my friend's green house.  He runs a non-profit that uses the produce to raise funds and to teach groups in the community about gardening.  I am already planning the next round of peppers that will go outside duing the summer as well as beginning some bonchi projects that I plan to keep in other parts of the house.  Pretty much hooked.  

I would like to thank everyone who shares on here, because I have learned a lot.  Hopefully I will be able to share some experiences or recipes that can help some of you as well.  
Dustin

:welcome:

Looking forward to seeing your food!

Back