• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SmashBurn Grow Log - 2017

Here's my 2017 Grow Log.
IMG_1274.JPG

This year I added insulation, heat, and a 600 watt HPS light to my Sunroom/Greenhouse. Expecting much better results this year. I'm in Tacoma WA so we get pretty chilly at night, all year round, so this will really help. In fact it was 18 deg this morning.
IMG_1276.JPG

So far I have Peach Ghost, Fatalii Red, Yellow & Chocolate, Star of Turkey, Chocolate Bhutlah, Bahamian Goat, Red Savina Hab, White Naga, Gator Jigsaw & Devils Tongue started. I also have a bunch of other seeds and will be starting another round soon (hopefully this weekend).
IMG_1278.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1281.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG

My original planting was back on Dec 5th, so it's going nicely so far.

Steve

I did a second planting today and have these in the seed starters:

Aji Lemon Drop, Monkey Face Yellow, Andy's King BOC, Devil's Brain, Goronong, Big Yellow Mama, Fatalii Mortalii.

I started 6 seeds of each variety. I also have Aji Lemon Drops coming from Tradewinds so I can join in the Throw-down. Still have about a dozen other seed varieties but may be out of room to start any others.

BTW, seeds came from PepperByMail, WhiteHotPeppers, UrbanFarmer, and some on the way from Tradewinds. AJ Drew and Justin really delivered with awesome extras!!!

Wow, a month into your grow and things look just
great, Steve!  Nice to see all those nice, green true leaves

Have fun grinding those dried pods - don't inhale   ;)

Smashburn said:
Carolina Reaper, Naga Viper Yellow, Red 7 Pot, Trinidad Moruga Scorpion.

Shaker/Powder Time!! Yeah!!!

Mmmmmm...  How does the yellow naga taste?  I love yellow bhut powder... and flakes.

Smashburn said:
 I also planted some Roma and Sweet 100 tomatoes to see how they might do in the Greenhouse .. they're sprouting like crazy!

'maters are going to be monsters by spring!   :D

NeedsWork said:

Mmmmmm...  How does the yellow naga taste?  I love yellow bhut powder... and flakes.

'maters are going to be monsters by spring!   :D
Whoops! Uhmmm that should have been Yellow 7 Pot and Red Naga Viper, I had them backwards. I hate typing on the phone. No heat upstairs in my office so too cold ... plenty of heat here in the Greenhouse though!! Hmmmm .. are my priorities in order here ??

Just beautiful!  You are making the PNW proud!

Don't forget to start thinking about the PNW ChiliFest
in September.  Never too early to start planning.  I have
reserved a yurt already, so am chomping at the bit!

Masher said:
Very nice set up...you're doing great!
Thanks, it's been a process for sure. I started out great last year but put the plants out too early. They were in the Sunroom so "somewhat" protected, but I let the get too cold with night temps in the 40's. Not freezing so I thought I'd be fine .. uh no! Apparently low temp stunts growth without killing them. They just went dormant and stopped growing until July or so, and then ran out of season. Here are two Ghosts that are just exploding now under the HPS light, lots of flower buds (for the first time)

IMG_1324.JPG

Back